The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mixing heavy rock Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 11th September 2011
Here for the gear

mixing heavy rock

hi im a composer i ussually do orchestral hybrid stuff but now im recording a hard rock demo and im tired of spending countless hours of equing panning compressing etc...i really need some advice,the thing im having a hard time is getting the guitar and the bass to work together like i want them to,here are some references of what im looking for:
Blue Stahli- Scrape Instrumental - YouTube

Blue Stahli - Give Me Everything You've Got - YouTube

my sound is based on heavy riffs and grooves i love how the guitars and bass sound in these two examples and it would be a great starting point here is a raw mix
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29017264/jcr%20demo1%20raw.mp3

i would really apreciate any advice on how to get that sound or even close

Last edited by isqueirosbic; 12th September 2011 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: link with mp3
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Really just depends on what you have available to you! High gain amps, and (you'll hear this a lot) make sure the parts are performed really well and tight. If you had some sort of reference track of what you've done that would be better.
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

i use logic pro 9 and i use vandal amps for guitars and bass and superior drummer 2.0, i record at home so its not viable to use amps, do you want me to post one of my tracks with a simple mix and you can help me out?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Head

Sure, someone else might lend an opinion as well
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

heres a raw mix of one of my tunes,i would apreciate any advice on how to improve-it, but still sounding edgy and in youre face

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29017264/jcr%20demo1%20raw.mp3
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

First thing, remove your reverbs. Try and get your mix punchy and full sounding, then once you have that foundation start introducing reverbs/ambience cautiously. Get that guitar more stereo and edgy sounding.
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

thank for youre advice,will do, i didnt do a proper mix on the drums,besides panning what sugestions do you have to get the guitars more stereo and edgy?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search