The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
One Man + One Room = Epic Album Audio Interfaces
Old 8th September 2011
One Man + One Room = Epic Album

Just finished my first album MODERN HUMAN - BROKEN SIMULATIONS. I wrote, recorded and mixed the album at my one room studio. All instruments are real, except synths and keys.

Some of the equipment used:
Fireface 800 - Converter
Great River, Phoenix, and ADL 600 - Pre Amps
Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Shure, AKG - Mics
Event Opal - Monitors
Sonnox, Waves, EMI, Sound Toys - Plugins

You can listen for free and it's $5 dollars to purchase. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Sword in Hand; 8th September 2011 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

....congrats, quite an achievement, in the middle of doing my own album at the moment, so i applaud your vision and focus. i loved the concept for this and a lot of the lyrics. Really enjoyed human dominoes and broken simulations, thought the latter was really compelling. If i have one criticism, it's maybe that some of the melodies weren't as strong as the lyrics. can't really comment on the mixes as i'm currently on my laptop and out of the studio.
Old 9th September 2011
Thanks butterfly. Love to hear your album when it's complete. PM me. It was interesting to me how the album has a concept, even though writing it felt more immediate. So it must have been where my head was at the time.

If you get a chance, let me know what you think of the mixes. I used all of the headroom techniques that Paul Frindle talks about. It has helped my mixes tremendously. It made them sound so much more dynamic and clear, but also gel a lot more.

Read this thread if you haven't already (it's long, but the first 10-15 pages spell out everything pretty clearly). It changed the sound of my mixes instantly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search