The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do you like my mix?
Old 7th September 2011
Here for the gear

Do you like my mix?

I've just started out doing audio engineering as my full time job. Most of the time I spend in my yet to treat new room is recording bands and vocalists in a number of styles. Most of the mix work I do is for music I recorded my self. I am pretty confident about that. Could be better of course, but for what I charge I think it's hard to find better. Plus my room still needs treatment, saving up for that.....

Now this song is my first mix-only job and I would really like some feedback, because I'm not so certain about it. I like it, but I think it lacks something. The client is happy though, that's the most important part, and he didn't want to pay any extra. But since I started doing this studio thing professionally all my clients were happy and I haven't heard a bad word about my mixes. Makes me wonder... do clients like it because they paid, or do they genuinely like it?

The song is also in a genre I'm not familiar with. I do mostly HipHop, reggae, soul, not so much rock (I think this could be called rock).

So If you would please share your thoughts, I would be much obliged.

Johnny Goody - Bitter Growth by Studio FrankRijk on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

......hi frankie....listening on macbook.....so it's a little tricky for me to comment on the mix. i think there are some cool ideas in here and I like the vocal and song.....he's clearly got a point of view which is refreshing. however i do think the arr needs some work....so that the song builds in the right way and i wasn't always convinced that the drums were doing the right thing at the right time. might be a good idea to listen to some other stuff in this genre and get some tips.....some of the parts sound like they need a little tightening up also.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search