The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Metalcore Production Help Needed Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Metalcore Production Help Needed

I posted in here a few months ago and you guys helped me loads then, but now I'm back and I need help again. My set up is pretty crappy. Everything is DI'd, the drums are fake and I have no vocals. Though I do run my guitars back out through a valve amp through a dummy load these days. This signal is then put through a set of amp impulses as I only have a little valve practise amp and can't mic it up... it'd sound terrible.

I need help on how to "open up" this mix I guess, it sounds a little to dense for me; but at the same time I feel the guitars sound a little puny. I've included bellow links to a Mastered version (ozone modified preset) and a un-masted one.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19504966/burningempireFINAL.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19504966/bur...renomaster.mp3
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

well what exactactly are you using to convert to digital and record it.. Is it on a multi track stand alone, a computer with an interface using software ect?
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

What do you mean?

I'm using a Line6 UX1 into REAPER if that helps.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

I meant exactly that... Sorry if I was unclear...

The program you are using is great and the way you explained your set up makes a lot of sense but what I would recommend using is a different interface. Check out this one, its pretty affordable and has really nice pre-amps: PreSonus AudioBox USB 2X2 USB Recording System: Shop Pro Audio & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

The Line 6 interface is decent but the analog to digital conversion rates are not as nice as the interface I showed you. Thats mainly my opinion and to each their own but I would say look into using something different that converts analog to digital at a higher rate.

-B
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

As much as I would love to splash out on a higher quality DI box I'm a student at the moment and money is pretty tight.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search