The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Incredible Recording Production by GS member!!!
Old 15th March 2011
Incredible Recording Production by GS member!!!

Hello Everyone:

Wanted to show off my first full length production as a producer and engineer. I've been studying recording technology and techniques for years on Gearslutz and TapeOp (the two BEST resources for audio recording on the planet!), and I really wanted to share the fruits of my findings with you here!

I'll be happy to discuss any recording techniques and/or equipment used on the project, but for now, check it out and see (hear) what you think! =)

YRLK

Of course, please spread the word too if you're digging it!

Thanks everyone for years of useful and productive conversations here, and I always look forward to more. =)

Brad Kelly | YRLK
Old 16th March 2011
Gear Head

Sounds alright...and you're so Humble! KUDOS!
Old 16th March 2011
Lives for gear

Somewhere between Coldplay and Damien Jurado/ Pedro the Lion. Nice. Not sure about the Kanye esque bravado, but what eves.
Old 16th March 2011
Lives for gear

Great Work

What was your vocal recording and mix chain?
Old 16th March 2011
Old 16th March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Confidence doesn't always equal pride either, brother, nor is all pride false pride.

It's humbling just to be alive, let alone to have the chance to speak.
Old 16th March 2011
Thanks for listening guys.
Old 16th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YRLK View Post
Confidence doesn't always equal pride either, brother, nor is all pride false pride.
Confidence is the nerve to post your stuff to the internet. Pride is the desire to call your own work "incredible". False pride would be doing that on your first production...
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

The cocky subject line is in rather bad taste. I thought for sure it was a friend of yours posting on your behalf when I read it.

Sounds good though, kind of like the production on The Fray, "How To Save A Life" but obviously not at that level.
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

It's becoming to be humble...sounds decent. But with a start like that I think you invite people not to like you and your music before they even hear it. Even if it was awesome.
L.
Old 17th March 2011
Here for the gear

Not bad mate.

Any description on what gear you used?
How much time you spent on it?
etc etc

Keep it up
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Stuff sounds great.

Share a little about your mixing process.

What gear/plugs did you use, and how do you approach the mix. Everything is well balanced, love where vocals are sitting.

RC
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

very nice
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo View Post
It's becoming to be humble...sounds decent. But with a start like that I think you invite people not to like you and your music before they even hear it. Even if it was awesome.
L.
This is good advice. Don't create a barrier for people, not yet familiar with your work, to want to listen with an open mind. It's just human nature to not be attracted to boastfulness - nothing personal.

You work is plenty good - no need for the ersatz chest thumping. I enjoyed the performance and production value.

John Caldwell
Old 18th March 2011
Yeah what it is, when you go in the thread you realize you've been tricked into looking inside thinking that you're giving someone elses music a big compliment. Then you realize that you are complimenting yourself. lol Good trick but the sound better be awesome for that stunt to work. Not saying it's not... you're settin yourself up for GS angst tho.

People come to this category to hear other peoples songs and your stuff ain't bad. You shoulda just been more forthright in the title.
Old 25th May 2013
Nice job, Brad. Really enjoying listening to your album.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search