The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on this mix!
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Nut

Advice on this mix!

Working on a track for a kid singer and I'm pre automation etc, but Im not sure how this mix is holding up...
Advice!
Attached Files

Final Say Rough Mix1.mp3 (4.14 MB, 462 views)

Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

bumping it 15 minutes later, really? Try posting it the WIP forum and you might be better received.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

i want to disagree with the notion that automation is just some optional afterthought that doesn't fundamentally alter whether a mix is good or not.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear
The vox has no body to it. The keys seem to have alot of lo mids. The vox has a nasal sound to it that just may be inherent to the singer. Don't hi pass the vox so much and lower the precence in his voice.

Just some suggestions.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks for the response, your right I shouldn't have bumped it so fast, but its the time I've posted a mix on the gs forum and was a little anxious...
first
Obviously automation isn't an afterthought. I wanted to see what people think of this current balance of the mix, placement and processing. Im not the most experienced mixer and all I'm trying to do is get a feel if I'm on the right track at all...
BadJones - thanks! Yea, the singer has an annoying nasal voice and I'm struggling to get him to sit right in the mix. Will def try your suggestions. I also split the piano in mono (to make more room - it fits better... at least I think) and cut some of the mids.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Nut

Mix Update

Ok, I spent hours working on fixing it up...
Any advice?
Fell free to be honest. If it sucks, then tell me why, I want to learn from my mistakes
Attached Files

FS Mix 3.mp3 (4.01 MB, 58 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search