The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Old School death metal Dynamic Microphones
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Maniac

Old School death metal

Hi! This is a old school death metal song i´m working on. Inspired by early swedish death metal: Dismember, Entombed, Unleashed etc.

Everything is played and recorded by me in my untreated small bedroom with my digi 003 as my only pre´s.

Beta 52: kick.
Audix i5: snare
Audix D2: Toms.
Oktava mk12: OH

Guitar: Peavey 5150, sm57 and audix i5.

Bass. Straight to the DI of my digi rack and "Soft tube, metal room"

I would be happy to hear any comments on the song or mix!

Cheers /Michael! heh

Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

anyone?
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Not into death metal vocals but the music behind it seems mixed okay.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierge99 View Post
Not into death metal vocals but the music behind it seems mixed okay.
Thanks I guess!
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

The instrument mix sounds OK, I'd roll off some of the hi end from the guitars. Where the vocal is sitting in the mix doesn't sound quite right. It pushes everything behind when it comes in. I would push it back in the mix and do a some slight EQing to make it sit a little better. I'd like to hear more of the track and vocal since we only get a snippet here.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknieb View Post
The instrument mix sounds OK, I'd roll off some of the hi end from the guitars. Where the vocal is sitting in the mix doesn't sound quite right. It pushes everything behind when it comes in. I would push it back in the mix and do a some slight EQing to make it sit a little better. I'd like to hear more of the track and vocal since we only get a snippet here.
Thanks for the comment.

Yeah I agree on the vocals. It needs to come back a bit. Will work on it later today.

The thing is the rest of the song is not recorded yet haha. :P I will try to finish the recordings later this week. I just wanted to hear if I was on the right way with the mix so far.

Cheers Michael!
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear
DM/BM, one of my specialties. From what I can tell there are some muddy
frequencies on the guitars/bass. Since they're downtuned you really want
to let the bass do most of the work on low end, otherwise you'll have a fun
time trying to separate the kick well.

Try a HPF around 200-250 on the guitars and see if that lets the bass do it's job a bit more proficiently. and HPF on the bass around 60hz. Cut some of the 250 from the kick as well and boost around 80-100. Add some 6k on a medium Q and boost about 3-4db because
there isn't a ton of machine guns going on there :P.

I like the overall tones though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search