The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
R&B Mix Critique and Gear Used Condenser Microphones
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Head

R&B Mix Critique and Gear Used

Markia Harper - Over & Over

This song took such a long time because I had to work with a singer and wanted to add a very interesting bridge. I always try to do something different in every song so tried a few new tricks. First off I recorded this song using a U47 going into a old neve console, the console itself was very wierd because it was a neve used by the bbc back in the day; and it had an electronic routing matrix on it( all the routing was done internally) but i loved the preamps on it. It had a very unflattering flat and dirty sound to it but I loved the way it sounds when it distorts (slightly); very colorful.( THERE'S A PICTURE OF IT ON MY WEBSITE @ THE BOTTOM)
After that it was routed directly into a PTHD system (48K 24Bit) and was later mixed on a PTLE system using mostly waves plugins. I hope you guys enjoy and please feel free to comment.

Over & Over | Eric East

Wix.com EEast created by Eric_East_Music based on My Album Cover
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search