The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blues
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Blues

Live as always

G
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Great live sound, Spectac! Puts ya centerstage. stikethumbsupstike
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacular g View Post
Live as always

G

Hi,
I´m very happy to listen to some blues stuff here!
It´s a nice song and performance but to my ears it sounds much to distant.
I guess you didn´t use any spot miking but that´s not enough.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Leonhard View Post
Hi,
I´m very happy to listen to some blues stuff here!
It´s a nice song and performance but to my ears it sounds much to distant.
I guess you didn´t use any spot miking but that´s not enough.
Thank you,

Distant, yes I'll take that as a compliment. Spot mikes were up some get used but I bring up the fewest mic's I feel I need to get the point across.

I.E. for better or worse I really want what I do to sound different that the "contemporary standard"

All of that said I'll tell you there are 16 track's on this record and some are much more in your face. Again going against the grain in that the record sounds and feels different throughout.

In the end it's what the artist thinks and having been paid in full and knowing that the first order from the dupe house is gonna' be 10,000 cd's is not bad.

G
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Live as always

G
Nice stuff!
Old 26th December 2010
Love this track. Great vibe.thumbsup
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Nut

Great vibe and feel...great players.

I think the distant miking adds a live ambiance that is a nice effect - feels like you're in the club.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you,

Distant, yes I'll take that as a compliment. Spot mikes were up some get used but I bring up the fewest mic's I feel I need to get the point across.

I.E. for better or worse I really want what I do to sound different that the "contemporary standard"

All of that said I'll tell you there are 16 track's on this record and some are much more in your face. Again going against the grain in that the record sounds and feels different throughout.

In the end it's what the artist thinks and having been paid in full and knowing that the first order from the dupe house is gonna' be 10,000 cd's is not bad.

G
Foondastik ! (Arnold voice). thumbsupstikethumbsup
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thank you,

I'm pretty pumped on this one, and music in general. My Bro who play's GTR and sings on half of the tracks on this record is the lead instructor at our local School of Rock. I'll tell ya' some of those kid's really do ROCK!!! Friggin cool if you ask me.

Were in the process of setting up one of the rooms at the school to record demo's in now. If there really good we'll write em' some good tune's and let em' record them properly...

My new business model

Thanks again,
G
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sounds great! The guitar sounds too close. Is it possible to turn down the close mic and use more of the room mic(s) on the guitar. I don't like the attack on the guitar, too picky if you understand what I mean.

The bass sounded a little muddy and processed - Maybe try to clean up the low-end a bit...

Great tunage man! You guys rock!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Did you remix this tune? I just checked it on better speakers and it sounds just fine man... The guitar came through too much on my laptop speakers.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

The bass still sound a little too chubby and undefined. I would cut some low end on the room/oh mics or on the DI/close mic.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgreatriver View Post
The bass still sound a little too chubby and undefined. I would cut some low end on the room/oh mics or on the DI/close mic.
Ah' the bass what a pita it was. Great player, Great friend who has a bad habit of flipping knobs DURING a performance!!! If you could see the waveforms on some of these you would chuckle. Tried as hard as I'm willing too at this point...

Getting into the whole minutia thing is not what I'm into, he'll live with it and love it.

Thanks ya'll for the kind words.
Happy new year!!!

G
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Happy New Year Bro!
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

awesome song, awesome band, awesome production. Well done!! Guitarist is a great player
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthflaw View Post
awesome song, awesome band, awesome production. Well done!! Guitarist is a great player
Damn dude I'm gonna' blush!!!

Thank you very much.

Do a YouTube search for 1. Erich Goebel or 2. The Flying Crowbars

This one below is a special, done by Michigan NPR called "Keeping the Blues Alive in Mowtown" features Erich Goebel, My brother and studio partner and "The Diabolical James Cloyd Jr." who is doing vocals on the above track, and Bass on the whole record of course.

YouTube - Keeping the Blues Alive in Motown | Michigan Radio | NPR

Happy 2011 Ya'll!!!
G

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search