The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pop alternative. Let me know what you think Monitor Controllers
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

Pop alternative. Let me know what you think

Hey guys,

I just finished tracking this song for an artist I play guitar for. It was produced by myself, the singer, and the drummer (my studio partner). I mixed the individual track volumes, but haven't done any automation or real mixing yet.

Threw up t-racks on the master bus, which I think squished it a bit too much (especially the snare).

Anyhow, I'd love to hear what you think!

Happy holidays

(you don't have to download it. Just click the link below and it will play in a new window)

"I"M DREAMING"
SoundClick artist: SmC (LA) - page with MP3 music downloads
Old 23rd December 2010
Mix sounds very good for one that's been "thrown together"! The only thing I'm not keen on is the obvious pitch stepping on the word "dreaming", but surely that's just a matter of a little tweak - nice job!
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

Thank you for the input. I'll definitely take another look at the vocals. I did process individual tracks, so I can't say it's thrown together. I did compress, eq, etc. Just no automation.

I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks. I am a writer first and formost, but have been engineering long enough that I'm now completely obsessed with audio. I appreciate all of your ears and input. One of my favorite things about this site is that like minded people can all share knoweledge and ideas. I have learned a lot (good and bad) from everyone here and really do look forward to your feedback.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Head

Hey, this sounds great. What console did you mix it on?
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Nut

Thanks. This one was 100% ITB. I used pro tools with an 002.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCrock View Post
Thanks. This one was 100% ITB. I used pro tools with an 002.
Haha, I somehow knew you were going to say that. I don't know how you guys do it, that mix's got really great depth for ITB.
Old 25th December 2010
I'm just starting out here at Gearslutz so I'm not very knowledgeable on too much on the recording/production of music. (Hence why I'm here, heh). But from the standpoint of an average everyday listener to music who's ears may not be as keen and trained as others, I really enjoyed listening to your mix and thought this was a very catchy tune.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Great vocals and song. I would like to hear more the kick and bass.
Old 26th December 2010
Here for the gear

I really like the song . but like dark smile said, i could use more kick and bass .
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Nut

yea, the bass doesn't translate to my laptop either.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by teraslasch View Post
I really like the song . but like dark smile said, i could use more kick and bass .
DAMN! Nice Work! This is HOT!, get the drums and bass more clear and fix dreaming if you like. I would like to hear it when you get the rhythm tracks down.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search