The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MIX THIS TRACK! Radio Rock- Stems inside
Old 19th February 2011
Here for the gear

Question

Hey Zack,

Love the sound of the song. Havnt done any mixing in a long time but wanna get back into it and your track sounds great. Tried to download, but the original files arent there anymore.

Any chance you could reupload the original tracking or is this project past now?

Thanks, it sounds great btw
Old 28th February 2011
Here for the gear

Here's my mix (Believe Me)`

This is my first real mix and my first post here on GS.

I'd love any kind feed back. I'm very new at this, but I've been lurking the site for months learning what I can.

I just got my gear hooked up last weekend!

Thanks to the original poster - I really appreciate being able to download some tracks and take a stab at mixing.
Attached Files

BelieveMe_KmanMix.mp3 (7.85 MB, 128 views)

Old 8th March 2011
Gear Maniac

I know this an old thread but I wanted to try out the POD farm amp sim.
So I did a mix of this today.
Its not mastered so its not very loud!

Great recording! is was fun mixing this! thx for uploading

hope you like it
Attached Files

Believe me MortenDK Mix2.mp3 (7.85 MB, 156 views)

Old 8th March 2011
Here for the gear

You nailed it.

Can't tell you much about the mix itself, since i am using headphones, but that's it. (personal view) Takes you somewhere.

David.
Old 9th March 2011
Lives for gear

Those POD farm guitars sound pretty good!

Nice balance overall, had the right blend of aggressiveness and laid back vibe for the track, too, I think!
Old 9th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Thank you guys!
I have to be honest and say I feel its more luck than anything.
Its my first time trying POD farm, I have zero experience with reamping and very little with DI gtrs Ive tryed other amp sims and failed miserably this is the first one where I actually thought I was in the drivers seat so to speak!. Which I think has something to do with the sounds rather than operating the plug in as its my first time....
Thank you again for giving me some feedback I honestly didnt think I was gonna get any at this point! very nice of you!
Old 6th July 2011
Lives for gear
Hey guys, apologies to bump this, but wanted to give this mix a try for some fun. Any chance you can upload the stems again?

Cheers
soundpalace
Old 8th August 2011
Gear Maniac

I got different monitors and just remixed this for the heck of it. I think it sounds pretty good. Maybe need to fix the kick a bit.
Attached Files

Believe_Me.mp3 (9.00 MB, 147 views)

Old 10th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by egervari View Post
I got different monitors and just remixed this for the heck of it. I think it sounds pretty good. Maybe need to fix the kick a bit.
Major low end/bass issues.

In my opinion, the guitar arrangment makes this song really difficult
to mix.

The full on distorted rhythm guitars sustaining through the verse, along with the lead guitar riff
just dont work.
Old 10th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
i think everybody is wasting their time trying to polish a turd here.

Perhaps, but i had a go back in January. Also, it was also the start of changing my mixing workflow quite dramatically for me so i'm sure i could improve it now.

I only post a link to it now because i remember back then trying to address some of the issues you bring up now:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/6182522-post51.html
Old 10th August 2011
Deleted User #106149
Nice mix. Only thing i could swear that guitar stabbing track sounds a bit too loud. Drums sound nice.

Shame to miss out on remixing this, post some more stems up plz!
Old 10th August 2011
Deleted User #106149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Concept View Post
Nice mix. Only thing i could swear that guitar stabbing track sounds a bit too loud. Drums sound nice.

Shame to miss out on remixing this, post some more stems up plz!

Woops that was a reply to the thread above
Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Maniac

By chance are the stems for this track still kicking about ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search