The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Spacerock! Studio Headphones
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Spacerock!

Hi guys,

this is the first single of an album production we did this year.
Mastered by Robin Schmidt at 2496 Mastering, who did a great job on this one!
We're really proud of it and so I wanted to share it with you guys.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Chris
Attached Files

01 State Of Rust (Radio Edit).mp3 (5.56 MB, 208 views)

Old 25th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Anybody?
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Good rock song, but I'd work on the bridge, doesn't have the quality of the rest of the song, in my opinion.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

This has been my favorite song today. You cut out and left me wanting more.

We thought the bridge was a good transition and kept the mood of the song. Sounds a bit reminiscent of Love and Rockets, no?
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Great song. From the first seconds Bowie came to my mind, and I wasn't wrong at all. I really enjoyed the tune.
Keep the good work and keep me posted for new stuff!
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! I'll keep you posted.
Old 2nd January 2011
Sounds good to me. I'm listening on my crappy computer speakers and it sounds really nice there, so that's generally a sign it'll sound good almost anywhere. I liked the balance between the heavy low end and the lighter guitars, and it left plenty of room for the vocal in between.

Couldn't make out a lot of the lyrics, but I don't personally find that a problem. Lots of great songs had somewhat mysterious lyrics, and I find the modern obsession with super-defined vocals to be kind of counter-productive a lot of time. Let the listener try to figure it out, and sometimes read their own meanings into it.
Old 18th January 2011
Gear Maniac

So here's the second single!
Attached Files

Ballet of Promises.mp3 (5.76 MB, 98 views)

Old 22nd January 2011
Well, I love those songs... but you know that
Old 25th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Yes I know I really wish these guys all the best for this album. Reviews are great so far! The credit belongs to the songs thumbsup
Old 31st January 2011
Gear Maniac

24 views of "ballet of promises" and no feedback?
Old 31st January 2011
Lives for gear

great stuff and an even greater endorsement for "pro mastering." the song has a great commercial polish to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitscat View Post
Good rock song, but I'd work on the bridge, doesn't have the quality of the rest of the song, in my opinion.
how's he supposed to work on the bridge for a finished song that has already been mastered?
Old 2nd February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machina View Post
24 views of "ballet of promises" and no feedback?
I like it better than the first track, because the vocal is less forward and I don't really care for the vocalist...sorry

Really great production all around
Old 2nd February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Ladd View Post
I like it better than the first track, because the vocal is less forward and I don't really care for the vocalist...sorry

Really great production all around
conversely, i didn't care for the 2nd track and found it to be very chaotic sounding.
Old 3rd February 2011
Lives for gear

Largely out of ignorance on my part, does it work in the Spacerock arena to have a four minute song's subject matter begin at 1:38, as it does in the Ballet Of Promises track? While the clarity s good, the baby to bath water ratio for the entire track seems way out of balance to me, but I readily confess ignorance of this Spacerock genre.
John-
Old 7th February 2011
Gear Maniac

I agree that the singer's voice is pretty special and for some people it certainly needs getting used to. Besides that the band never cared about common song structures like A-B-A-B-C-B or choruses starting not later than 0:30. But I hear where you're coming from.
By the way, it was often really tricky to let all the (sometimes 100+) tracks have their own space and sometimes the band didn't even want it to be clear and open. There are parts where they wanted me to go for a more chaotic feeling mixing-wise...

Cheers,

Chris

P.S.: The commercial polish is one of the many things a liked about Robin's mastering, too.
Old 7th February 2011
Here for the gear

Really good tracks. Can you give us a rundown of what was used in production and mastering?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search