The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any Suggestions for friends mix?
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Any Suggestions for friends mix?

Hello everyone, my name is Kimosabi

I work with a few friends on our musical journey, being the producer/engineer/assistant song writer. This is what we have, and I am open to constructive cricitsm to elevate and broaden my mind sonically.

This song was written and recorded over a year ago, and we've decided to release this as a local single, due to popular likes amongst the small amount of fans we've had the honor of sharing our music with.

I am stuck on it in the mix, and arrangement. Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iamKimosabi - LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION-01 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 21st December 2010
Here for the gear

Hey great song. I enjoyed listening to it. In my newbie honest opinion I would only change a couple of things. First off I think there is just a little too much reverb on the clap. I think it could be turned down a notch to seem less processed but still achieve the effect you're looking for. Secondly, at approx. 1:25 (the hook) there is a synth added into the mix that makes things sound a little muddy and a little too Fruity Loops. These are just minor flaws and really just a matter of preference. Keep up the good work.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Skylab, thank you for your reply. I see what your talking about the claps having that processed sound. And in the hook, do you mean the synth that runs jagged, or the flutey type synth added in?
Old 21st January 2011
Gear Head

WOW !

WOW Kimosabi !!!! I am completely hooked to this song man !!!!

I am already a fan ! Just cant stop listening this song !!!!

Just 1 suggestion - There is too much Sibilance, especially on Rap vocals ! Please use a bit De-esser and that will do !

But man, you have come up with a killer track !

I think musically enriched tracks like these should get into limelight !

Its a gr8 mix of melody, minimalism, simplicity, musical vibe, etc

Please share your other tracks too.....And try to go mainstream, I think you can make it big !!!!

Could we get the lyrics of these song ? I think you could work on lyrics a bit more, right now they seem to be very cliche ! Its just about getting a girl laid......

otherwise musically Good !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search