The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Electronic Alt Rock?!
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Head

Electronic Alt Rock?!

So I'm not quite sure how to describe my bands genre so I'm going with Sex Pretzel for now I just did the first mix I'm happy with on the first song for my bands new record. I feel WAY to close to the project being the engineer and in the band so I'm trying to get a few fresh ears on the mix! In terms of what we're going for....... I can only say original. I'm not trying to make it sound like "this band or that band" I'm just going for a really punchy, detailed mix. All feedback would be GREATLY appreciated !!

No Tomorrow Mix 2.mp3
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

I love it. It sounds great . . . except for the synth patch that floats above everything between the chorus/verse, at the end, etc. I don't like the patch - almost sounds like you couldn't find anything else. It's too loud, too. It doesn't really "sit" in the mix. The vocals are GREAT. Really well done and perfect for the style - he's got a great voice. Are those real drums? BFD? They sound great. I'm impressed.
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Head

Thank you very much! I'll have a look into that synth sound and how it sits with everything in the mix. The drums are real with a slate kick and snare added in as a layer for some extra ...umph. I'll post a more updated mix very soon!
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Nut

I listened on a laptop...so I can't comment on the mix except to say that I'm used to hearing music on these speakers, and the synth was really on top. With that said, I think your band is great and you have a great sound. Not to mention, a great singer. Well done.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Who is this?

Oh duh...its Sex pretzel.

This grabbed my ear..dig the singer alot..I would actually BUY this track when its done..

Killer drums..everything sounds really good on my yamaha NS50ms

this is real cool stuff..
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

Awesome I appreciate you guys actually leaving some feedback! Seems as though the synth volume has been the common theme so I'm going to do a little adjusting. I'm going to post an updated mix tonight seeing as I am snowed in at the studio!
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

yup. this is a cool song! i think you're done. really good singer and really good production.
BTW...i just finished watching TRON(the old one) and this music seems to fit that mindset. congratulations.
Old 25th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Wheres our updated mix bub?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search