The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acoustic Pop Song Channel Strip Plugins
Old 20th December 2010
Acoustic Pop Song

This is a buddy of mine who originally came over to hang out, but we ended up recording a song he wrote earlier that day. It was a short casual session of about 45 minutes on a guitar with some strings that were a little dead, but we got creative and added a washing machine, claps, sand paper, and various other things. Later I laid down some bass and more guitars.

Let me know what you think! Be honest, this was a very spontaneous session and in no way planned.
Attached Files

Stay (ozone master).mp3 (3.70 MB, 1361 views)

Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

I really like this song. Thanksheh
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

if you clean up the vocals and take away some of the harshness in .... everything.. this could be really radio worthy!
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

catchy.better than most of the crap on the radio nowadays.
Old 21st December 2010
If I had to guess the first response, it was going to be harshness. Thanks! I totally agree, just went a little over the top in the mastering process.

Appreciate the feedback!
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

great.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Nut

very cool
Old 22nd December 2010
Here for the gear

Catchy though I think the lyrics sound a little too much like Blink-182.

Good job!
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Catchy, great idea.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search