The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What do you think of this mix?
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Nut

What do you think of this mix?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2658737/Im%2...20star%204.mp3

Should I edit the bass/drums? Should I re do all the mix? All suggestion/critique are welcome. Thanks!

Updated mix

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2658737/Im%2...20star%205.mp3

Last edited by syns; 20th December 2010 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: update new link
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Will listen tomorrow in studio, however it sounds right if it sounds right to you. Keep going till it does it for you!
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

bump
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Sounds great over here!

1. The sha la la la part the girls sing is not an improvement.

2. The guitar that plays far in the back around 3:00 is not needed and will give your song more room to breath.

Good job
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicProducer View Post
Sounds great over here!

1. The sha la la la part the girls sing is not an improvement.

2. The guitar that plays far in the back around 3:00 is not needed and will give your song more room to breath.

Good job
Thank you for listening. I agree with you about the sha la la parts. But the producer wants it. I'll try to convince him to re record / remove that part.

Edit :
Update mix, all critique/comment are most welcome! thanks!
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

Vocals and trumpets sound absolutely wonderful! Pretty much everything is perfect except for the drums. They sound really good, but I think they don't suit very well for the song. The kick is too clicky and the snare has too much of the 'crack'. They would sound cool for faster, rock type song.
Listen to M.Buble "Havent Met you yet". The drums may not sound perfecly but they are made to sound good in the song. The thing you could do for your song is - cut some highs from the kick, to make it sound more diffused and distant. For the snare I would just replace or add a sample of a smaller and higher tuned one. Also some mono old-school reverb would do the trick.
Awesome work, keep it up dude!
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Not that my opinion means anything, but I liked the mix and the song.
The funny thing (in the context of the previous comments) is that when I heard the "sha-la-las" I thought to myself: "oh yeah, I should use something like that in a piece soon"... ;-) I guess I agree that they stood out somehow in a slightly awkward way, but I actually liked that! So, what does that mean? A/ My ears and my brain are broken or B/For every thing that you think sucks, there is someone who will think it's great...
Thanks for sharing your work!
p.

PS
What language is that?
(oh, I just noticed you are in Malaysia. So: Bahasa?)
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Really good, based upon a listen on a very small playback system.

1) Sha-la-la's are no problem until the outro, when they are too far forward, for my tastes. Muting them in the outro would be best, as I hear it.

2) Not sold on the telephone voice novelty lines.

3) The trumpets are really nice, good lines, well played, well recorded. I'd flaunt them more than you have here, possibly relinquishing some of the snare real estate to the horns.

Really nice overall.

John-

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search