The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does this track need additional mastering?
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

Does this track need additional mastering?

I made this track for a client who is now shopping it out to various radio stations, and 2 people so far have mentioned that they think it needs to be mastered.

Now, I'm no expert mastering engineer, but I did master this track, so this is just making me wonder if I've done a poor job of the mastering. I'd really appreciate any specific feedback about what I could improve, or if you think the track is fine and these guys don't know what they're talking about.
Attached Files

Solid Love.mp3 (7.11 MB, 84 views)

Old 18th December 2010
Gear Nut

hey dude, i think the mix is pretty good , but for the radio it could really use some mastering ..
there are a few issues frequency wise, wich i think a m.e. could fix pretty easily, some eq, compression/multiband compression,harmonic distortion and it should sound cleaner, punchier, betterish haha
if you do have it mastered will you post the mastered version for comparison?
cheers
oscar
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Head

Sure, I'll post it for comparison if we get someone else to master it, but I'd much prefer to get some insight as to specific issues that I could address myself.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search