The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bliss-Heat
Old 17th December 2010
Here for the gear

Bliss-Heat

Hey guys, new to the forums, here is a simple little track i made a while back, be cool to get your thought on it. Thanks for your time

supernova41411 - Heat on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Would be really helpful to know how the production is, and to get some tips from you guys on how to imrpove it. Thanks
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

would be really helpul to get some tips and advice from you guys. Thanks
Old 19th December 2010
Here for the gear

please help guys, need advice
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Mix-wise I really don't have anything to say - everything sounds about right to me.

Arrangement-wise and composition-wise, I kind of agree with the other guy's comments on your soundcloud page. You have something nice there, but it doesn't really take off.

I think you should push the track further and further out. Sounds a bit so-so at the moment. I feel it ought to get weirder and darker as it goes on. Try distorting, processing, filtering some of the tracks. You could mess with those tubular bell type sounds, mess with the bassline in terms of filters - pretend they are 303s.

Equally you could add some kind of vocal sample or something. Could be very short, 1 second even. Just something to give it some kind of pivotal focal point, some kind of added distinctiveness. I think it needs something that sounds slightly violent, slightly harsh.

Again, mix-wise other people would be better than me at telling you how to improve it. Sounds fine.
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymilton View Post
Mix-wise I really don't have anything to say - everything sounds about right to me.

Arrangement-wise and composition-wise, I kind of agree with the other guy's comments on your soundcloud page. You have something nice there, but it doesn't really take off.

I think you should push the track further and further out. Sounds a bit so-so at the moment. I feel it ought to get weirder and darker as it goes on. Try distorting, processing, filtering some of the tracks. You could mess with those tubular bell type sounds, mess with the bassline in terms of filters - pretend they are 303s.

Equally you could add some kind of vocal sample or something. Could be very short, 1 second even. Just something to give it some kind of pivotal focal point, some kind of added distinctiveness. I think it needs something that sounds slightly violent, slightly harsh.

Again, mix-wise other people would be better than me at telling you how to improve it. Sounds fine.

Thanks for the listen man, you make some great suggestion, some added element to bring out some violent energy in the piece would be perfect. thanks man
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

definitely agree.. have some fun with this song.. tracks like these are all about the ear candy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search