The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Christian Rock Tune Condenser Microphones
Old 17th December 2010
Deleted #157546
Christian Rock Tune

Buddy of mine came over and we recorded this. We're trying to see how good we can get it to sound using minimal stuff.

Drums are fake. (BFD)

Bass DI

Guitar DI

Acoustic Neumann KM140

Vox AKG C414TL2

All comments are welcome.

EDIT:

Ok now with the esses subdued.
http://soundcloud.com/jayvo86/mychains-jordan-kimble

Last edited by Deleted #157546; 17th December 2010 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Revision 2
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

Pretty good, except your hats and the voice "ssss" are clashing like mad.
Old 17th December 2010
Deleted #157546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargaroth View Post
Pretty good, except your hats and the voice "ssss" are clashing like mad.

Yeah, I need to work on that.
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Sounds good. This may be more preference but it will give you something to think about. The distorted guitar sound way to fizzy and take away from the the song making it sound generic. It sound more like it was recorded direct and then a effect was added. Does not sound like a miked up amp. You might just want to remove it or record it through a amp. The kick drum sound like it does not fit the style of music. It is real big and fat and is taking up a lot space in the mix. Just my opinon and if there was one thing I had to change it would the electric guitar. Hope this helps. Overall it sound good though.
Old 17th December 2010
Deleted #157546
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwarrior View Post
Sounds good. This may be more preference but it will give you something to think about. The distorted guitar sound way to fizzy and take away from the the song making it sound generic. It sound more like it was recorded direct and then a effect was added. Does not sound like a miked up amp. You might just want to remove it or rerecord it. The kick drum sound like it does not fit the style of music. It is real big and fat and is taking up a lot space in the mix. Just my opinon and if there was one thing I had to change it would the electric guitar. Hope this helps.

Your spot on with your assessment.

Drum kit is BFD lite...so there isn't much to choose from.

And the guitar is D.I. with a sans amp plugin. Like I said...we were just doing it with minimal stuff. Wish I had a amp/drum kit to mic.

-Josh
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Nut

nice , am i the only one surprised by how good sample drums have come?
Old 17th December 2010
Deleted #157546
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecementmachine View Post
nice , am i the only one surprised by how good sample drums have come?

I think a lot of the samples rock....now getting them to "feel" like real drums...different story.

Ofcourse, I suppose if you have someone play a V drum kit or something, that can solve that.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search