The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"The Memory"
Old 16th December 2010
"The Memory"

A very vocalistic thing, not common for me (I'm a keyboard guy) but I had a lot of fun writing and recording. It'd be interesting to see some comments! :-)

Best / Patrick / Sweden

Old 16th December 2010
Gear Nut

dude i think i speak for everyone in here when i say THIS IS NOT GOOD
you are singing SOO out of pitch, the song is boring and i couldn't listen to it, autotune and come back haha
Old 17th December 2010
Haha! :D Yeah, it wasn't too fun with a little perspective. I've made another version, adding instruments and so.

Or is it just so that the atmosphere on these forums really isn't very friendly?
Old 17th December 2010
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Nut

the 2nd mix does not help the vocals... stick to keyboard to be honest if that is your thing.

Maybe lots and lots of practice... but I can't speak for the mix because I truly had to turn it off...

This is my honest opinion so I wanted to just give it to you, sorry if it sounds mean, but honesty is key and I am not going to tell you this is amazing when the vocals are just not good.

The vocals are not in tune nor does the tone of them sound especially pleasing so it's hard to tell you good things about the song without coming off negatively..... this just needs quite a bit of work.

The arrangement is okay, the vibe I am getting is very old school pop, and it's not bad, but you need a lead singer!

I wouldn't say this forum is mean, but we hope for really good songs to listen to and while this is neat for a 90s pop vibe, it doesn't seem to bring much to the table to get good remarks.
Old 17th December 2010
Fully OK with me. :-) I try investigating new styles and I try to learn things. Doing vocal overdubs is quite advanced, and I just recorded the first takes to get the sketch / the skeleton of the song going. I'll see if I can come up with an enjoyable version some day...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search