The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hardcore/Deathcore/Whatever, sample mix
Old 16th December 2010
Hardcore/Deathcore/Whatever, sample mix

Ok, so I've been working on samples for my project studio, basically just to give people an idea of what coming here to record could sound like and I'm working on the first sample, it's a metal sample (I'm by NO MEANS a metal guitar player).

Mix seems pretty decent, but I feel like I'm making it fall apart in the master job. Now I know it's taboo it seems like, but I can't get the level to compete without killing the mix. Any Suggestions?????

First upload is the mix, second upload is the "master" that I did.
Attached Files

Metal Sample (unmastered).mp3 (866.4 KB, 1498 views)

Metal Sample (One).mp3 (866.4 KB, 1789 views)

Old 16th December 2010
"remaster"

spent about 3 minutes doing a remaster in ozone as opposed to all the waves stuff i was using before. not great, but sadly, better.
Attached Files

Metal Sample (Two).mp3 (866.4 KB, 334 views)

Old 16th December 2010
Gear Nut

hahaha sadly better, it does sound better!
it sounds bad ass, what are you using for drums?
Old 17th December 2010
drums were triggered 100% lol.

then i just did some basic processing through the waves SSL channel strip. i also soft clipped the snare and toms, ran them through a parallel buss with a waves SSL 2 buss comp.

squashed the overheads and cut all the way up to about 300 Hz.

guitars were literally direct, using a stock Logic amp modeler lol. i meant to re-amp them and send them through my orange thunderverb 50, but i kinda got lazy, eh... it's just a sample and the tone was close enough.

bass was direct also, similar to guitars, just different settings and i used a MB to squash the low mids.

spent an hour trying to chain up waves plugs for a mastering job, spent like 5 minutes in a trial version of ozone and had a way better master haha, UGH.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search