The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your Low End Mixes (Official - other threads will be removed!)
Old 27th June 2011 | Show parent
  #601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplerTimesify View Post
Siiick! What's the mic on that?
AT4047 through a GAP Pre-73
Old 27th June 2011 | Show parent
  #602
Lives for gear
 

LOVE THIS!

Holy crap! What an amazing song and great vibe. POST MORE!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Coleco View Post
Yamaha mt8x cassette 8 track
Onkyo cassette deck
2 cascade fetheads
1 sm58
1 akg d112



Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #603
Gear Maniac
 
Stuart Coleco's Avatar
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redddog View Post
LOVE THIS!

Holy crap! What an amazing song and great vibe. POST MORE!

Cool! glad you like it. Here's a little Hip Hop diddy I did with some friends.

Tascam 1804
MXL v67
AKG c1000s
MXL 990
Alesis GT1
Cubase
Attached Files
Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #604
Lives for gear
 
MrCrowbar's Avatar
 

Lead Vocal mic: CAD M179
Backing Vocals: Shure SM58
Guitar mic: Oktava MK-012
Preamp: ART MPA Gold (NOS Telefunken tubes)
Recorded and Mixed with Logic 9
Additionnal plugins: Massey Tapehead (free version), Addictive Drums

I kinda like how it turned out. You do see the actual takes in the video so it gives you an idea about mics and placement.
Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #605
Gear Maniac
 
Stuart Coleco's Avatar
low end mixes

Same mics and interface as before.

stock plugins



.
Attached Files

Waking On The Sounds.MP3 (4.86 MB, 170 views)

Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #606
Gear Maniac
 
Stuart Coleco's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowbar View Post
Lead Vocal mic: CAD M179
Backing Vocals: Shure SM58
Guitar mic: Oktava MK-012
Preamp: ART MPA Gold (NOS Telefunken tubes)
Recorded and Mixed with Logic 9
Additionnal plugins: Massey Tapehead (free version), Addictive Drums

I kinda like how it turned out. You do see the actual takes in the video so it gives you an idea about mics and placement.

Sounds great. Pretty song.
Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #607
Here for the gear
 

JBG

Wow - there's some pretty amazing stuff up in here. Loving your work.

Here's my effort:

Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #608
Here for the gear
 
sandrofilipee's Avatar
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJpBxOnIezM

Tascam US-122
Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Squier P-Bass
Ableton Live 8

Thats what I call Low End ahah and by the way, its just a work in progress
Old 28th June 2011 | Show parent
  #609
Lives for gear
 
mcgruff's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistry View Post
Here's my effort:
Like it
Old 29th June 2011
  #610
Here for the gear
 

My first recording

Hello

Here's my first time recording a whole band. I have done some little recordings with only vocal and acoustic. nothing bigger.

I have used lot of time to mix the song. Really trying to get it as "pro" as i can

I would really appriciate any comments to help me make the mix better
I only used low end mics but i have fine pre amp (M audio Octane).

I used Pro tools 7 for recording and mixing

I only have the file on wav. so it's a big file.. sorry about that.
I uploaded it on dropbox

Here's is the link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6135871/Lost...und%20test.wav

Please comment on the sound.. what you think i can do better..

Thank you for the time
It's my first post so let me know if i'm doing something wrong

Best Regards
Andri B
Old 29th June 2011 | Show parent
  #611
Gear Maniac
 
Stuart Coleco's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrofilipee View Post
YouTube - ‪sandrofilipe - unflur (demo)‬‏

Tascam US-122
Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Squier P-Bass
Ableton Live 8

Thats what I call Low End ahah and by the way, its just a work in progress

really great mood. reminds me of Boards of Canada. for mood not instrumentation.
Old 29th June 2011 | Show parent
  #612
Lives for gear
 
Kierkes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistry View Post
Wow - there's some pretty amazing stuff up in here. Loving your work.

Here's my effort:

I LIKE. It's a very subdued melancholy. A great mood song. :D
Old 29th June 2011 | Show parent
  #613
Here for the gear
 

Recorded both tracks using:

13" macbook, the built in mic on said macbook, garage band, $90 fender acoustic

The drums were done on the keyboard of the macbook, synth as well.
All sounds besides those are generated using an acoustic guitar and just creative effects use inside of garageband.



Old 29th June 2011 | Show parent
  #614
Gear Nut
 
jimcasy786's Avatar
 

Here's a new song I just finished. AT 2035 - FMR RNP - Garageband. I had mastered by Scott at Old Colony Mastering though. That guy is amazing.
Old 30th June 2011 | Show parent
  #615
Lives for gear
 
Kierkes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpulverizer View Post
Recorded both tracks using:

13" macbook, the built in mic on said macbook, garage band, $90 fender acoustic

The drums were done on the keyboard of the macbook, synth as well.
All sounds besides those are generated using an acoustic guitar and just creative effects use inside of garageband.



You have an insane talent for inducing hallucinations, my friend. :D I LOVE it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcasy786 View Post
Here's a new song I just finished. AT 2035 - FMR RNP - Garageband. I had mastered by Scott at Old Colony Mastering though. That guy is amazing.
Were all of the instruments GarageBand as well?
Old 30th June 2011 | Show parent
  #616
Don't.Trip.The.FUNK!!!!!

Five Fish, OSA, Onyx, modded BLA/DIGI preamps

Mixed through an AH Zed 14, 8 tracks from my modded 002.
Attached Files

Don't Trip The Funk w_DJ.mp3 (5.57 MB, 245 views)

Old 30th June 2011 | Show parent
  #617
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierkes View Post
You have an insane talent for inducing hallucinations, my friend. :D I LOVE it.
Thanks!
Old 30th June 2011 | Show parent
  #618
Gear Nut
 
jimcasy786's Avatar
 

Quote:
Were all of the instruments GarageBand as well?
haha I used the stock GB drum kits and then separated the snare, bass, and hi-hat onto separate tracks and used Massey Tapehead on each of 'em (it's free!). The guitar's are line in going through a tubescreamer, an echo park, and a verbzilla, and then I eq'ed the crap out of them (I'm big Cocteau Twins fan though I don't think it shows).

The main synth is the Cheez Machine. It's free and simple and forces you to make choice without going through hundreds of samples. That's really important to me. Thanks for checking it out!
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #619
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJonny View Post
EV RE20
Cascade Fathead
Shure KSM32
Oktava MC-012
Audix i5

Aphex 107
ART PRO VLA II

Mackie ONYX 1640i
Reaper

Tracked live into Reaper in my living room. Mixed on the Mackie with KRK V8 2's. Reverb and delay busses done in Reaper and sent to the console. This recording was from band practice, but I thought it turned out well. Originally posted in the Post your good recordings with "junk" gear, but only half of this gear has been called junk. So, I moved it here.

vocal kind of reminds me of Bjork....very good mix, i liked it =)
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #620
Gear Maniac
 
Drooh's Avatar
 

Yeah, your live mix.

The bass is quite low. I suggest just bringing it up. If you use any AIR plug ins, I'd use the enhancer. It'd give the bass some balls that it's lacking.
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #621
Gear Maniac
 
Drooh's Avatar
 

Here's mine:

This is a song that I recorded in a mates house.



I'm pretty happy with it. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #622
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drloop View Post
Already posted in the other thread. but...



Reason/Record, MXL1006, Art Tube MP, M-Audio 2496, An electric Guitar...
From 1.20 I think the voice sounds great. One of my best takes.
LOVE that song!....sounds like a little bowie, a little police, and a little alphaville all mixed together in a wonderfull 80s soup =)

+10 LOVE it!
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #623
Gear Head
 



Recorded via 2 linked Ensembles (Apogee got some higher end, so i think that's lo), MacBookPro, Logic9, Fender DeLuxe via Superlux R102, Bass via Avalon 737 (OK, that's only relatively Hi End) and other you can see in video, including my weird face over keyboard.

http://youtu.be/yR0OGS3faeQ

Last edited by Jazznfunk; 3rd July 2011 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: link doesn't work?
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #624
Gear Maniac
 

Just goes to show it's how you use what you have. The song sounds amazing....I'd throw that on my ipod without issue...not to mention it's really catchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcasy786 View Post
haha I used the stock GB drum kits and then separated the snare, bass, and hi-hat onto separate tracks and used Massey Tapehead on each of 'em (it's free!). The guitar's are line in going through a tubescreamer, an echo park, and a verbzilla, and then I eq'ed the crap out of them (I'm big Cocteau Twins fan though I don't think it shows).

The main synth is the Cheez Machine. It's free and simple and forces you to make choice without going through hundreds of samples. That's really important to me. Thanks for checking it out!
Old 3rd July 2011 | Show parent
  #625
Here for the gear
 

Pretty darn low-end

Until very recently I multitracked songs in Logic using VERY low-end methods. This song is probably the best low-end example I have: I did almost everything when I was living in China with a Chinese tele-copy, a Chinese fender-p copy, all of the audio (violins, voice, bell, drums) recorded into the little laptop microphone, and then messed with everything using the Logic plugins. I actually do have some better stuff I could have used, but it wasn't with me at the time I was doing this.

I recently started messing around with a cassette 4 track, and now I really want to get a nice tape machine and redo all these tunes with better equipment and hopefully a little more recording know-how (and maybe improved vocal/slide guitar/drumming skills!). Anyway, the most expensive piece of equipment here may have been the violin, which cost $2000. Is that ok? Alright, enough excuses- here it is.

Old 19th July 2011
  #626
Gear Head
 
ckahle33's Avatar
 

Blue Crunk | Philadelphia, PA | Jazz / Funk / Blues | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Only 3 tracks... These are all originals of mine, but this was pretty much a practice so they aren't the best takes. All live too, no comps.

I used a mono AT2020 as an overhead directly above the kick, exactly halfway between cymabls.

A 58 on snare exactly in between snare and hat about 6 inches away...

another 58 on an ampeg 4X12 Bass cab thru a Fender Jazz Bass

A 57 on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe thru a 67 Gibson ES125 w/ Lindy Fralin noise cancelling pickups.

It all went thru a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 into Logic 8 24 bit, no pres unfortunately....

THats it! only 4 tracks total. Any tips would be awesome!!!!! I had to borrow the 57 and other 58. I only own an AT2020 and a 58. Have no cash. How could I set this up to sound better??
Old 19th July 2011 | Show parent
  #627
Gear Head
 

Here's something i'm working on at the moment. Recorded with a Line 6 Toneport UX8 and a load of cheap mics for the drums, DI'd Bass and guitars using pod farm, and vocals done with a AT3035
Attached Files

The Happiest Day.mp3 (2.87 MB, 146 views)

Old 19th July 2011 | Show parent
  #628
Lives for gear
Can't remember if it was specifically this thread or a similar thread that i posted the first draft...anyway here's the final mix of this song, not 100% happy with it, but it's enough haha...i might fine tune some mic placement's next time round.

So just to recap:
Interface: M-Audio Profire 2626 with Focusrite Octopre MkII Dynamic via ADAT for the band and guitar's were double tracked using softube vintage amp room using the direct in on an Apogee Duet, as well as the vocals recorded with the Duet.

Mics:
Overheads: 2 Cascade Fatheads (stock)
Kick: Beta 52
Snare: sm57
rack tom: sm57
floor tom 1: sm58
floor tom 2: md421
bass: sm7b
guitars: e906
Vocals: sm7b

DAW:
Logic Studio 9.1.xx
Softube Trident
Waves SSL Collection
Sonimus Satson
Softube Vintage Amp room/Bass amp room
Stock Plugs

Anyway, here we are, the final mix, its not perfect, but the main fixes needed to be addressed in the tracking phase (everything was tracked live in the same room)
Attached Files

plead master 7.mp3 (5.35 MB, 164 views)

Old 19th July 2011 | Show parent
  #629
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by atherton1981 View Post
Until very recently I multitracked songs in Logic using VERY low-end methods. This song is probably the best low-end example I have: I did almost everything when I was living in China with a Chinese tele-copy, a Chinese fender-p copy, all of the audio (violins, voice, bell, drums) recorded into the little laptop microphone, and then messed with everything using the Logic plugins. I actually do have some better stuff I could have used, but it wasn't with me at the time I was doing this.

I recently started messing around with a cassette 4 track, and now I really want to get a nice tape machine and redo all these tunes with better equipment and hopefully a little more recording know-how (and maybe improved vocal/slide guitar/drumming skills!). Anyway, the most expensive piece of equipment here may have been the violin, which cost $2000. Is that ok? Alright, enough excuses- here it is.

pretty darn good for the computer mic...and i'm sure we can forgive you for the $2k violin, if not my mixes won't ever be valid since our stage gear probably exceeds $20k...haha, i usually don't count that towards the budget of the mix though haha...
Old 19th July 2011 | Show parent
  #630
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckahle33 View Post
Blue Crunk | Philadelphia, PA | Jazz / Funk / Blues | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Only 3 tracks... These are all originals of mine, but this was pretty much a practice so they aren't the best takes. All live too, no comps.

I used a mono AT2020 as an overhead directly above the kick, exactly halfway between cymabls.

A 58 on snare exactly in between snare and hat about 6 inches away...

another 58 on an ampeg 4X12 Bass cab thru a Fender Jazz Bass

A 57 on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe thru a 67 Gibson ES125 w/ Lindy Fralin noise cancelling pickups.

It all went thru a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 into Logic 8 24 bit, no pres unfortunately....

THats it! only 4 tracks total. Any tips would be awesome!!!!! I had to borrow the 57 and other 58. I only own an AT2020 and a 58. Have no cash. How could I set this up to sound better??
sounds pretty good for what you're using, maybe lower the AT2020 a little bit more to get a tad more kick and a tad less cymbal, other than that impressive for such a small amount of mic's
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump