The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your Low End Mixes (Official - other threads will be removed!)
Old 22nd May 2020 | Show parent
My band covering Rush Limelight ....
Attached Files

04 Rush Limelight.mp3 (7.98 MB, 340 views)

Old 30th May 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage Rodeo View Post
Recorded live in Madison Square Storage Closet.
Oddly satisfying. Your guitar is out of tune. You could have left a few chords out of this rendition and made it easier on the ear. Your performance, otherwise, is greater than the sum of these parts. I guess there was no aircon in the closet?

Last edited by Ghosty Dog; 30th May 2020 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: disordered
Old 3rd June 2020 | Show parent
I'm trying to finish up this mix, I'm pretty happy with how it sounds on my home stereo, as wells as my iPhone with earbuds. But it doesn't sound very good through the phone speakers. It's too trebley, and the bass sounds thin to me. Any other feed back is of course also welcome.
Attached Files

SImplicidade 6_3 mix.mp3 (7.63 MB, 328 views)

Old 9th June 2020
Lives for gear
Irefay Agondray,
I like it when it sounds a bit Spanish!
2 cents from a humble opinion:
The solo guitar at the left could afford some upward compression, that does not pump but makes the sound longer, as the attack is super bright. You can try to tame the attack also with a transient tool. Also you might check for resonances. There are some plugins like Soothe or TDR Nova GE with the "intelligent modes".
Perhaps the mic was a bit close and at some suboptimal position? Sometimes it helps to place it higher, or away from the holes.
The rhythm guitar can benefit from compression too, that makes it fuller but avoids some build-up at certain moments. Be very subtle here.
In what we need here, types of compressors might react very differently.
Lovely piece!
Old 16th June 2020 | Show parent
Hey thanks for taking the time to listen and think about the track!
I think we are going to rerecord some of the instruments for performance reasons, Sticking with the rhythm guitar, new percussion track, and then the mandolin on last. (we did it in reverse order and it never quite gelled). I played around with compression on the mandolin though, and that seemed to tame the highs a bit. I'll see what I can do with the guitar compression wise. My issue is usually if I get it sounding fuller, it also sounds kind of distorted. I'm definitely not a wizard with compression - I'm just starting to get a handle on how the parameters affect the sound.
Old 19th June 2020
Here for the gear

Cruel Crazy World

I've listened to about 8 songs in this thread so far. Some pretty cool stuff. Thought I'd throw this very lo-fi recording I wrote and recorded in 1992 into the mix, warts and all. This is the original mix-down. I recently cut out two sections to reduce repetition but that's all I've done to it.

-Recorded on a Yamaha MT100 4-tracker.
-Drums programmed on a Roland TR-626.
-SM58 for vocals.
-Yamaha R100 Reverb Processor on the vocals.
-Guitar is a Gibson Explorer lined-in through a ZOOM 9000 effects processor.
-Bass is actually the Explorer again but with the highs and mids EQed out and also lined-in through the 9000.
-Lead vocal and all harmonies by me.

Currently rewriting this tune with a plan to rerecord it with updated gear and a modern DAW.

https://soundcloud.com/three-eyez/cr...rld-radio-edit
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Logic Pro
Behringer UMC1820
Fender Strat
ESP bass
Hammer88 Keys
Addictive drums
Guitar Rig
Cheap Chinese Mic.

Attached Files

Lonely as a bird.mp3 (9.47 MB, 146 views)

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
my new mix :>
I really like this song. The mix isn't good but I don't really care about that...the song is good.
I would suggest removing the singers breaths (note: breaths, not breasts) because they are quite loud.
Kudos.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
King Venus – Inhumite

I finally pushed something out of the door/grave:

Input appreciated .
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Finally have something Im comfortable taking out of the "rough" category and happily calling pretty much finished. This is a rock cover of Blinding Lights by The Weeknd that I have been dying to do lately. Any thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/dmru
Quote:
Originally Posted by admirablearticle View Post

Input appreciated .
Cool stuff, very unique. Nice mix job too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admirablearticle View Post

Input appreciated .
For starters, the music video is badass. Nice shots and editing, also jives with the music real good. This leads me to the music. I enjoyed the flow of the lyrics, i like the guitar arrangements/parts and especially like the drum sound. Feel like i should mention even though there was a chorusy change up part, the song kinda gets stale, but the lyrical message, rhythm and video I really do like. Definately, will check out more of your music.
Lives for gear

Not seeing this in soundcloud.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyspencer View Post
For starters, the music video is badass. Nice shots and editing, also jives with the music real good. This leads me to the music. I enjoyed the flow of the lyrics, i like the guitar arrangements/parts and especially like the drum sound. Feel like i should mention even though there was a chorusy change up part, the song kinda gets stale, but the lyrical message, rhythm and video I really do like. Definately, will check out more of your music.
Thanks for this, Corey. I'm with you on the latter and appreciate the feedback. Great stuff on your SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcoholByVolume View Post
Cool stuff, very unique. Nice mix job too.
Thank you, ABV. Again, checked out your SC and sounds great. Thanks for the input.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear