The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Post your Low End Mixes (Official - other threads will be removed!)
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

4 track cassette ...
Attached Files

I LOVE YOU MADLY.mp3 (6.65 MB, 584 views)

Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
Here's a new track I just posted. I co-wrote/produced/mixed/mastered this, but mostly looking for mixing/mastering feedback (and check out the sax solos!)

Little Lotus - S.P.P. (Said You'd Never Leave Me) by Ryan_Edward | Ryan Edward | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Sounds very muffled to me; definitely needs some high end/clarity
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

1978 ---- SOS >> Sony R to R >>>> Pretty Low End
Attached Files

STONED ZONED.mp3 (14.99 MB, 609 views)

Last edited by cjogo; 30th April 2018 at 06:52 PM..
Old 2nd May 2018
Here for the gear
Just discovered this thread and as we're talking about cassette...

SE X1R > GAP PRE-73 > Tascam Porta07

Edit: I think maybe I added a bit of reverb on my computer if I remember rightly...
Attached Files

Buckskin Stallion.mp3 (4.49 MB, 537 views)

Old 5th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Any criticisms on this track I recorded for some mates would be great!

Sweeney and the Fella's - In Your Grace by projectmay | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 8th May 2018
Lives for gear

my new mix :>
Attached Files

Nerve-GS.mp3 (13.11 MB, 556 views)

Old 15th May 2018
Lives for gear

Pretty Low End

1989 -- Atari and Korg DS 1 -- cassette mix down https://soundcloud.com/cjogo/gmuca

Last edited by cjogo; 15th May 2018 at 10:43 PM..
Old 19th June 2018

.....Fight!

I get brave and do harmonies using a Red5 Audio pencil condenser mic.

The throbbing Bassline and drums come from a Korg EMX! I can't believe how good it sounds in this song.

I sneaked in some guitar..A strat plus and Eastwood copy of the 1968 Liberty MS150 both into a JC-40 and a Peavey Dynamic mic against the cloth.

A MS20 finishes off the song.
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

a night mix for fun with headphones.
Attached Files

perpetual-GS.mp3 (13.69 MB, 526 views)

Old 2nd July 2018
Lives for gear

Another night mix made with headphones - tried a couple of techniques.
Attached Files

Lokke-GS.mp3 (10.90 MB, 450 views)

Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Just the 16 track sequencer in the keyboard ---
Attached Files

JOE DOES FUNK.mp3 (5.42 MB, 449 views)

Old 10th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Here's the last thing I recorded. Any criticisms are welcome!

Higher Ground - Charlie Warlie Pudding and Pie by Project Sound | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 25th July 2018
Gear Head

A live-pass recording from my place.
Kick In Beta 52
Kick Out Sm7b
Snare Top Beta 57
Snare Bottom Sm57
Tom top 421
Tom bottom Sm57
Floor Top 421
Floor Bottom 57
Overs Sm81's
Room NT1A's
Bass Mesa Mpusle 600 DI
Acoustic Type 85 DI
Electric Guitar 57+421
Vocals Sm58

YouTube
Old 23rd September 2018
Gear Nut

Old Low End recording - new Low End mix

This was recorded at home many years ago on my old Yamaha DSP Factory setup. I just mixed it with my new gear, namely the Clarett 4 Pre and Slate plugins.

...And now my crack at mastering it.

YouTube

Last edited by SPatrick; 30th September 2018 at 05:51 AM..
Old 23rd September 2018
Gear Head

A jaunt to the darker side of neurofunk:
Old 20th January 2019
Here for the gear

even if I can't hold a candle to all the great stuff in this thread, I want to contribute some recent work from my personal low end:

a few months ago my son joined an alternative rock band with some of his friends from school, and asked me if I could tape some demos in their basement rehearsal room. I packed my gear and did so; now the results are online on soundcloud: Drowning by Mash Mind | Free Listening on SoundCloud

lineup: drums, bass, 2 guitars, 2 vocals. everything was recorded through my beloved Zoom L-12 into logic pro, and mixed with mostly onboard or free plugins (special thanks to Tokyo Dawn Labs for Kotelnikov and Nova). the basics were done live with both guitars Di'ed directly into the machine, and also via 2 little virtual amps (yamaha thx and a nasty little behringer box) which I also taped, but didn't use in the end. bass also via DI.
I recorded the vocals as a guide, too, but we did them properly again with some extra voices and backgrounds after that.
the L-12 has, well, 12 inputs, so I decided to go for the glyn johns drum thing plus a dirt mike, and was kinda pleased with the results (though I am certainly aware of my lack of experience and the flaws it caused - next time I'll take more care about the overhead positions!).

microphones I used:

bass drum - Superlux 218A (not too bad, took a lot of EQing though)
snare - Lewitt MTP340 (not as bad as expected; next time I might try my uher 534 though)
overheads - AKG 391 (SE300 with CK91), 1m distance to snare center (which was probably too close; I fought with the amount of cymbal mush all the way through the mixes)
dirt mike - Funkberater MD30 (a catch on the fleamarket and one of my favourite secret weapons)

vocals - also the funkberater, which really surprised me! as a spherical dynamic with no proximity effect, I considered it a better choice for inexperienced singers and background choirs/shouts than the SM58s we used for the guide vocals; but I didn't expect it to work out so smoothly. nice and good natured with an old-fashioned touch, it reacts very well to EQ and compression, and with a foam shield on the backside it hardly caught any of the room's ambience. best buy in years!

a lot of mixing effort went into cosmetics and editing - most of the band members aren't very good instrumentalists, and you may hear one of the singers struggling with intonation. but the biggest obstacle to me was the nasty chirping noise from the cymbals you can still hear on the mixes - it's somewhere in between 6 and 10k, but hard to locate (at least for my old ears), and it gave me a hard time balancing the EQ between that nasty clanky jangle on the one side and a muffled, indifferent tone on the other. a bit more experience might have helped; next time I will be more careful about microphone placement.
another issue is my fatal tendency to add too much compression; don't know why I always end up with that though I know better...
anyway - tell me what you think!

Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

A two track cassette 1976

All live jam ~ in the living room >> Tapco 6 channel >> to a Optonica cassette --

1~ 58 on the acoustic & lead vocals

1~ 58 on the SUNN bass amp --

and a EV Omni for the OH drums and 58 on BGV ( with plenty of bleed for the drums /Roto Tops )

Over dub BGV transferred to a SOS Sony 1/4 in
Attached Files

ONCE IN AWILE I REALIZE.mp3 (6.00 MB, 260 views)

Last edited by cjogo; 21st January 2019 at 05:14 AM..
Old 6th February 2019
Low-endedness

FL-Studio Only in my bedroom. LOL
Attached Files

Dextro.mp3 (3.73 MB, 196 views)

Old 6th February 2019
Sweet tunes brooooo I would love to hear the final track
Old 10th July 2019
So, everything was mixed with stock plugins in Reaper. I'm about 99.999% certain that we recorded guitar straight off the pedalboard and I forgot to reamp. Bass was DI, drums are programmed, and vocals were recorded on a $60 condenser mic.
Attached Files

Hateborn.mp3 (10.03 MB, 97 views)

Old 10th July 2019
Same band as my last post, and almost there same setup, but this time I know for a fact that the guitars were recorded with an SM57.

See if you can spot all 3 references to The Princess Bride...haha
Attached Files

Last edited by crissmichaels; 10th July 2019 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: Just because
Old 11th July 2019
Gear Head

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Definitely low end.

Squier guitar, to laptop with Line 6 UX1, out to the mp3 line in on my 99 dollar Acoustic brand amp, miced with a Nady SCM 1000 and had to have a comforter spread over the amp and mic cause I'm in a very small bedroom. Mic in to a cheap, Mackie vlz 402 mixer with the VLZ3 preamps (not the Onyx), and to my daw laptop with another Line 6 UX2. I have to use amp sims cause I can't afford a tube amp, but I still would rather run the amp sim t an amp and mic the speaker. All written and recorded yesterday and today.

https://soundcloud.com/jeffguitar/ra...s-up-from-hell
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Andromède - Bedroom pop

I recorded the guitars and bass with a kemper! The rest is just a computer with a Focusrite Scarlett interface.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Summertime

Recorded live in Madison Square Storage Closet.
Attached Files

Summertime Demo.mp3 (5.73 MB, 14 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search