The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your Low End Mixes (Official - other threads will be removed!)
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
"The Time is Magic"

The Time, is Magic by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

done with a regular pc, an old copy of sonar 6, a maudio audiophile 192 card as interface, direct capture of guitar and bass.

5 tracks total, 3 gtr, 1 bass, 1 stereo drum track with synth pads and noise added in sony Acid.
njoy.
Old 6th March 2018
Here for the gear

here is something I recorded on my
Yamaha MT100 four track using Rebirth on a Mac g3 and a guitar.

let me know what you think

YouTube
Old 6th March 2018
Here for the gear

it doesn't get any more low end than this

composition on Yamaha YPP-35 & DD-5 recorded on an iphone

Yamaha YPP-35 & DD-5 sound sample
Old 7th March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsbrew View Post
"The Time is Magic"

The Time, is Magic by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

done with a regular pc, an old copy of sonar 6, a maudio audiophile 192 card as interface, direct capture of guitar and bass.

5 tracks total, 3 gtr, 1 bass, 1 stereo drum track with synth pads and noise added in sony Acid.
njoy.
Well done IMO - I know it is when I have to listen several times and still can't find much to suggest for improvement. I might ease off the reverb on the lead somewhat and see how that works, I think it's fine but just a little "boxy" for my tastes. Course if that's the sound you were going after, never mind.
Old 9th March 2018
Here for the gear

First time posting here. Hope this $20 portastudio is low end enough:

Old 13th March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've been ITB for quite a while now, I resent the implication of "low end" when referring to DAW mixes . Any way here's a recent mix I did in Cubase.

Online mixing audio services | Taurean Online Mixing Restart - Mixed & Mastered
Old 17th March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just released on Wednesday 3/15 The 1st 2 artist are in Nigeria and recorded with Behringer B1 mix into yahama portable interface.

Rapper was recorded into MXL Genesis Fet into ISA ONE with inserts from louder than lift off chop shop eq and fmr rnc.

Mixed with uad 1176’s, console 1 9k, Tim Petherick L Buss and N60 and FabFilter Pro MB.
Old 17th March 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Feedback Appreciated for Indie/Punk Mix

Hey everyone!

First time posting on this forum for me and I could use some mixing advice for one of my songs that I'm mixing, that I plan to put on my EP. I'm going for like a Pop-Punk/Indie vibe a la Jeff Rosenstock and Pup. I haven't done vocals yet but I just want to get the instruments sounding good first.

Any advice is appreciated!
Attached Files

Sunny Daze Demo Feedback.mp3 (3.29 MB, 288 views)

Last edited by atweedy; 17th March 2018 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Fixed attached audio
Old 18th March 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Acoustic Cover -- First Mix that I upload

Hello everyone! I've been reading you for a while, and even mixing some stuff to practice and I finally got to upload a mix of my own. I have recorded an acoustic cover in Spanish and I would love to get your feedback!

Sound interface: Roland Octacapture
Vocals: SM57
Guitars: line (Taylor 114) and SM57.
Piano: GarageBand plugins.

The room where this was recorded is an open room (in a loft) so it doesn't have nice acoustics..

Here's my mix and here's the link to get all the tracks in case someone can help me get a better approach! Thanks!

La Llamada - Leiva (Acoustic cover) by Lucas Bernalte Perez | Free Listening on SoundCloud

LaLlamada-tracks.zip - Google Drive
Old 19th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
TAPCO MIXER ----4 mics -- 2 track cassette 1978
Attached Files

Hypocondriac .mp3 (6.90 MB, 647 views)

Old 19th March 2018
Hello Gearslutz!

I would love to get some feedback on the mixing and mastering of my current release:

Chickenwaver by Bromm | Madde Bromm | Free Listening on SoundCloud

You can download the tracks for a better Quality (should be 16bit 44.1kHz wav).
All tracks were done with hardware synths / samplers and real Instruments, mixed on a combination of a abe broadcast console an a A&H Mixwizard 20s.
The Basic tracks were all produced and mixed down in one day (hardwaremix while producing and recording the 2-bus to my Computer) then overdubs and a final mixdown with the mixwizard. The mastering was all done in the box using standart tools (nothing fancy).

Is it to bass heavy? is everything balanced in your opinion? Let me know and thanks!

Madde
Old 23rd March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes balanced, but there isn't enough low end, too much mid/high end IMO. I'd either tone that down or maybe tone down the reverb or whatever other effects you might be using, just seems to have too much air under it. Just my .02
Old 23rd March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo View Post
TAPCO MIXER ----4 mics -- 2 track cassette 1978
IMO a bit much reverb here too (i.e. use a "smaller" one) and over-panned...I hear almost nothing in the middle, which I think is where the lead vocal should be sitting. While that might serve well in some songs (and is much hyped for recording) I think this is the kind of song that doesn't lend itself to so much "ambience" IMO. You want a more up close and personal feel. Well OK, I do. Others may disagree for sure.
Old 23rd March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
IMO a bit much reverb here too (i.e. use a "smaller" one) and over-panned...I hear almost nothing in the middle, which I think is where the lead vocal should be sitting. While that might serve well in some songs (and is much hyped for recording) I think this is the kind of song that doesn't lend itself to so much "ambience" IMO. You want a more up close and personal feel. Well OK, I do. Others may disagree for sure.
Thanks BILL5 -- OF course this was recorded to a two track cassette --back in 1978 -- so no tweakin' on this one --

the reverb was the spring unit > inside the early Mackie /Tapco unit . We weren't even able to even monitor the songs. Just our analog meters on the cassette .. hit record and go ..for a few hours ....... I have 10 years of recordings with this method .. We had four vocal mics --in a small room and the bass was DI > just hoped some of the instruments would leak in I played the drums & my vocal mic was way too hot == we had to turn it up to capture the drums ... But thanks for listenin'
Old 24th March 2018
Here for the gear

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a good critique on the mixing/mastering of my project before I send it off. I've never really worked in this genre before and I wanted to make sure it sounds good to other ears.

It can be heard from the download link below:

Dropbox - Rainbow Resort Final Master 3_23_2018.mp3

Gear:
DAW - FL Studio 12
Strings & Piano - EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra (Platinum Plus)
Drums - Addictive Drums 2
Bass - Steven Wilson's Ghostwriter (EastWest)

No MIDI keyboard used - I click in everything by hand - velocities, volume control, notes, everything. All mix plugins used were native to FL Studio.
Old 24th March 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Roland drum machine sync -- 4 track cassette .. 1989
Attached Files

BEECH GROVE vocals 1.mp3 (7.45 MB, 566 views)

Old 24th March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks BILL5 -- OF course this was recorded to a two track cassette --back in 1978 -- so no tweakin' on this one --
lol - well it sounds great for what you had. You have it as an mp3, I'd think you might be able to do something, but not sure. Not saying that's bad or anything btw, just that was what I noticed. Sit closer next time.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunning Cactus View Post
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a good critique on the mixing/mastering of my project before I send it off. I've never really worked in this genre before and I wanted to make sure it sounds good to other ears.

Gear:
DAW - FL Studio 12

No MIDI keyboard used - I click in everything by hand - velocities, volume control, notes, everything. All mix plugins used were native to FL Studio.
Nice, I'd prefer it slightly brighter but that's a real nit-pick (and obviously subjective).
Old 24th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys!

Gear:
DAW - FL Studio 12

Nice, I'd prefer it slightly brighter but that's a real nit-pick (and obviously subjective).
Thanks bill5! By brightness, do you mean you'd like more high end out of the entire mix? Or certain instruments?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
lol - well it sounds great for what you had. You have it as an mp3, I'd think you might be able to do something, but not sure. Not saying that's bad or anything btw, just that was what I noticed. Sit closer next time.

Can only EQ the 2 track cassette -- the OP wanted low end mixes -- I have about 15+ years of them > everything to 2 track until 1989 > 4 track came = then 8 track cassettes hit the market ... whole new world
Old 24th March 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It's:

The Behringer mixes!

ADA8000 I/O -> RME 2496 via ADAT I/O
Various versions of Cakewalk Sonar (Who raised you?)
Mics are Rode, mxl and a 57 here and there.
Sans Amp, Pod 2.0 and Bass Pod.
West strat, Mim strat, squire bass, furian fx tele, seagull acoustic

4 bcf2000s that don't make any sound but could get cooties on stuff that does.

So sue me.

Ronnie Dean | ReverbNation
Old 25th March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks bill5! By brightness, do you mean you'd like more high end out of the entire mix? Or certain instruments?
Yes, just a touch, on all but the opening piano (i.e. that instrument throughout), also that particular instrument I think I would take down the volume just a tiny bit. Listening again it seems to hit a bit hard to me in contrast to the rest of the instruments. Again all so subjective I'd like to hear other's thoughts.....
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Can only EQ the 2 track cassette
? I don't think EQ is the issue but regardless you can't throw the mp3 into a DAW and mess with it? Why not? It might be worth a go even though it's all one track, or to throw some effects at.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
? I don't think EQ is the issue but regardless you can't throw the mp3 into a DAW and mess with it? Why not? It might be worth a go even though it's all one track, or to throw some effects at.
Could add some more effects --- of course, a stereo track will be effected across the board--- Has that 1970's spring reverb printed == even comp/limiter will just pump up some of the inherent probs .. Better start now though >>> Have a good 15 year of cassettes to evaluate ..
Old 10th April 2018 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madde View Post
Hello Gearslutz!

I would love to get some feedback on the mixing and mastering of my current release:

Chickenwaver by Bromm | Madde Bromm | Free Listening on SoundCloud

You can download the tracks for a better Quality (should be 16bit 44.1kHz wav).
All tracks were done with hardware synths / samplers and real Instruments, mixed on a combination of a abe broadcast console an a A&H Mixwizard 20s.
The Basic tracks were all produced and mixed down in one day (hardwaremix while producing and recording the 2-bus to my Computer) then overdubs and a final mixdown with the mixwizard. The mastering was all done in the box using standart tools (nothing fancy).

Is it to bass heavy? is everything balanced in your opinion? Let me know and thanks!

Madde

Really fun to listen to. Following you on Soundcloud now. Thanks
Old 10th April 2018 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by simons007 View Post
I would love to get feedback on the EP mixes I recently did for my band. The drums were tracked in a very messy body shop. Everything else was done in my basement. Vocals are an MXL 9000. Guitars - SM57 and Rode M5. Bass/Keys DI.

Mixing was done in-the-box in Sonar X3 with Waves plugins and on Yamaha HS8s.

It would be really helpful to get constructive feedback from experienced audio engineers. Most of the feedback I've gotten so far has been from the band - e.g. "more me" - and from casual listeners that either say "sounds great" or "something is missing" but can't describe what.

Thanks for listening

One Step From Everywhere | Original Blues Roots Rock from Seattle

Simon

Great band, good tunes. Thanks for sharing.

Would benefit from better gear. Everything has that slightly tinny and band-passed sound of cheap kit.
Could also benefit from some saturation (not distortion) and parallel compression to add some thickness. Things sound a bit hollow? Might also be an EQ problem.

Good music and good engineering ears.
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Here's a new track I just posted. I co-wrote/produced/mixed/mastered this, but mostly looking for mixing/mastering feedback (and check out the sax solos!)

Little Lotus - S.P.P. (Said You'd Never Leave Me) by Ryan_Edward | Ryan Edward | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
4 trk DAW -- Roland sequencer >
Attached Files

YOU SHOULD HAD STOOD UP mix.mp3 (5.96 MB, 402 views)

Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
8 track cassette --- Roland sequencer @ mixdown --
Attached Files

YOU MAKE IT HARD ON ME 1.mp3 (8.13 MB, 396 views)

Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
More of the early cassette > low end productions
Attached Files

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN mix.mp3 (7.32 MB, 394 views)

πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear