The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
i am back for more whipping
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

i am back for more whipping

hello all you Gear slutz!!
we have redone the room and its back and better than ever I have mixed a lot in this room to me they sound great but I am fearing its too good to be true!! so i will post a song I just finished let me know what you guys hear!!
Attached Files

WHISKEY FINAL 2.mp3 (5.20 MB, 2098 views)

Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

cmon 13 views no love...lol
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

thats pretty darn good...nice n poppy, doesn't sound like a drum library...seems the lead gtr lick is a lill buried and the vocal is a little far back for my taste and lacks 'verb...toms could use verb as well...all in all nice workthumbsup
Old 20th November 2009
i think vocals need to be louder or more compressed

or maybe you should ride them if you didn't
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

yeah the vox i agree after listening are a bit back but that's an artist decision, thanks for the input keep them comin!
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedman View Post
thats pretty darn good...nice n poppy, doesn't sound like a drum library...seems the lead gtr lick is a lill buried and the vocal is a little far back for my taste and lacks 'verb...toms could use verb as well...all in all nice workthumbsup
real drums man no samples here no drum a gog as far as the lead guitar i comped multiple ideas to form one she will be in to cut it again, and the vocals are a lil dry for my taste too another artist decision
thank you for your input much appreciated
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Head

oh some nice blues, the vocals do need sortin but nice mix, has got nice power. The way you mixed the vocals really loses the power of the singer.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadboy View Post
oh some nice blues, the vocals do need sortin but nice mix, has got nice power. The way you mixed the vocals really loses the power of the singer.
Thanx How do you mean It loses the power of the singer, Too wet? too far back? Not Compressed enough? I do have them out front a bit this is perhaps what your hearing, I will address this issue, vocals are very important to me!! so if you could be more specific that would help me hear what your hearing...... thank you for the input
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

its good to hear a RECORDING of drums...my 3 yr old nephew can play with legos, but it takes an engineer to record a drumkit.. as for the vox i would back off slightly on the compression to preserve some of the natural dynamics...bump the fader up 3-4 db (ride the fader if need be) and put some hall reverb on it...i like to soak it with verb then back the return off until i can barely hear it. ymmv
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear