The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What about this?!
Old 12th November 2009
Gear Maniac

What about this?!

Hi here's a song i recorded for friends.
One among four that'll be released.

Tell me what's good
Tell me what's not

Advice me so it improves and so i improve.

thanks!
Attached Files

hunters 2.1.mp3 (3.59 MB, 79 views)

Old 12th November 2009
I hate the cymbal sounds, so thin and hyped. That high hat makes me want to kill someone. In contrast, even though the drums are boxy and over compressed and have no tone I actually like them a lot. It's not a sound I'd ever go for but I can appreciate it and it kind of takes me back to early 80's punk sounds and I'll bet the crap cymbals are part of that sound too. Guitars sound good especially the one on the right. I think you may have one too many vocal tracks, the shouting is cool but gets overwhelming a few times. If I was back in high school in the early 80's you guys would probably be local heroes.
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Head

I like the tune.

Sound wise, things that could use some attention are the guitar on the right, sounds detached from the rest of the mix at times. Perhaps just a matter of riding the fader more. The cymbals are too bright and dominant, remove some of the sizzle from them. The kick drum seems lost at places, maybe try and get a bit more slap in there.

Now, where is my strawberry wine cooler
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear