The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Techno track - 1st time post
Old 20th September 2005
Gear Head

Techno track - 1st time post

Hi there,

I'm looking for some feedback - mostly on the mix, but feel free to comment on the song structure if you want.
I'm mixing at home and I'd like to know if this mix will stand up on good equipment.

Cheers!
Attached Files

The_Backdoor_Club.mp3 (2.01 MB, 1060 views)

Old 25th September 2005
Gear Head

Boing boing boing

Boing ,
I'm gonna bump this because I'd really like to hear some comments about the bass. I'm using all soft synths for this one, including Trilogy. It sounds good to me on the phones, but I'd like to know if it could really rock the house. Comments please, slutz!
Old 25th September 2005
Lives for gear

I think that the kick and snares are a bit to burried in the music bed and the effect on a clubsystem should benefit from bringing them forward in the mix.

In dance music it should be possible to see the kick drum on the mastermeters, I´m checking on my mixer (not high resolution ones).

Another way of appreciate the bass impact if in doubt is to hold your hand in front of the bass port on your monitors. In this case you should also be able to feel the kick in my oppinion.

I personally would also back of a bit on the buss compression, but hey thats just me.

Other than that I think the balance is good.

Also a good test is to bring the track to a clubsystem and listen to it there.
Old 26th September 2005
Gear Head

Thanks for the suggestions. You could be right about the compression - I tend to go a bit heavy on it! I'll back off a bit and see how it sounds.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search