The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reviving old song
Old 20th October 2009
Gear maniac

Reviving old song

Hello,

Attached are 2 scratch tracks of a song called Small Town Romance. I originally recorded the song in 1994 on an old Tascam 4 track and want to "redo" it and update it a bit. With the 2 new versions of the song posted, I have questions about what direction I should go and looking for some feedback.

STR2009 is pretty stock a lot like how I originally recorded it on the 4 track, except I am playing it a few steps down in tuning.

STR2009up1 is played up a step tuning than STR2009 and I incorporated a melodic idea for the intro riff that is repeated during the song.

My questions are:

1. Does my voice "feel" better tuned up verses the STR2009?
2. Also, my 4 track limited my on layering the song, now in the digital world I have the ability to "add" to it but do not want to abuse it. I fear the simple stock version may be better and I am overdoing it with adding the melodic part to the song???
3. Overall feel of the song...what do you think.

Thanks for any input.

Kenn
Attached Files

STR2009.mp3 (5.36 MB, 21 views)

STR2009up1.mp3 (5.36 MB, 21 views)

Old 20th October 2009
Old 20th October 2009
Gear maniac

if I stare at that long enough will I see a response.
Old 21st October 2009
i like the second one better, i thought you'd get the 1up joke :(
Old 21st October 2009
Gear maniac

Ahhhh, Mario...my screen was too big and the image wasn't computing for me. I see it now, and that is funny. Sorry.
Old 23rd October 2009
Gear maniac

any other opinions?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search