The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Critique Please (ROCK)
Old 22nd August 2005
Gear Nut

Critique Please (ROCK)

On orders, I can't allow downloads, but please tell me what you think on any of these four songs in terms of the song, songwriting, and most importantly production also!

Thanks!

http://www.myspace.com/bigsecretrock
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Honestly,
singers got a decent voice.

but...it's all
Old 22nd August 2005
Gear Nut

OK, I can dig that. What did you think of the production at least?
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedKing9
OK, I can dig that. What did you think of the production at least?

That's what I was referring to.

To me it sounds like modern rock vocals mixed with a somewhat modern sounding song, but that has 80's hair band moments. Also, there is nothing really too exciting about it. I mean, there's a couple moments in a couple of the songs, but you're not selling it properly.

I wouldn't pay money for this, personally.

Nothing personal, just being brutually honest.
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

I liked it until the singer started singing. These phony "modern rock" singers just get so old. If he'd stop the Matchbox 20/Puddle of Mud bullsh!t he'd probably sound a lot better. "New Day" sounds exactly like Puddle of Mud. As for the production quality, it sounds really good from what I can tell from these myspace-quality mp3's. The mix seems really solid and the acoustic guitar especially came through nice on "California Wave". Great Job!
Old 23rd August 2005
Gear Maniac

as i'm sure you know songs grow on you... so it's hard to judge on one listen through, but i'd say the songs were pretty decent and i thought the production was good too... good enough for radio? probably not as good as what is on there now, but if your a smalltime or home studio i'd say you were doing excellent! thumbsup keep up the good work....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search