The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Simple Popsong. What do you think?
Old 3rd July 2009
Gear Nut

Simple Popsong. What do you think?

I was just thinking about showing some stuff I made a few month ago. I know I'm really new to the whole process and all I do at the moment is learning and experiencing... Well. What can I say. I'd really love to hear some comments.

The chain was:
Apogee Duet
CAD VXd2
Logic

Don't know if anyone likes it. You guys are miles ahead. Just trying to figure out stuff and learn something..

Thanks!
Middletom
Attached Files

be the one 1.mp3 (4.20 MB, 121 views)

Old 4th July 2009
Gear Nut

Hey, I like it! I think the piano should be a little more fuller in both L/R. There are also some pitchy elements in the vocal... not sure if they were intended? I do like the quietness of the track, though, very easy to relax too.
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Nut

Hey. Thanks

Yes there is a little pitch issue once. Unfortunately I gave away the mic after recording this. So I should record the whole track new, if I want to correct this.. And because I'm more of a musician than an engineer, my old stuff bores me and if once it is finished, It's hard for me to go on and redo it...

What do you mean with fuller? Louder?

Thanks for the reply!
Middletom
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Nice! Kind of Aqualung-ish. A bit more reverb/delay on the vibraphoney sound perhaps? Some of the s and sch-type sounds seemed to jump out a bit on my laptop speakers (not as much as my own though!)
Old 6th July 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by middletom View Post
Hey. Thanks

Yes there is a little pitch issue once. Unfortunately I gave away the mic after recording this. So I should record the whole track new, if I want to correct this.. And because I'm more of a musician than an engineer, my old stuff bores me and if once it is finished, It's hard for me to go on and redo it...

What do you mean with fuller? Louder?

Thanks for the reply!
Middletom
I hear ya, I'm the same way. Of course, you could use some sort of tuning tool on the vocals, like Melodyne or Autotune, and if you don't overdo it, it'll sound very natural.

By fuller, I mean I would have liked more of a spread across the spectrum. It's not bad by any means, just a personal preference. You could use more of a delay, set to an aux bus, then panned hard right, to make it fuller in both ears.

It's a nice track!
Old 7th July 2009
Gear Nut

@badmark
Just went to the Aqualung myspace-page and I really liked it! Thanks for the compliment! Have to get a CD from them.
I absolutely get you because of the sibillant stuff. I should have cleaned the tracks before. There's a lot of noisy stuff going on. Usually I do that, but seems that I didn't when i bounced that one.. The Peluso I've got right now is less sibillant then the Cad. So this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

@shakespearesmans
Thanks man! Shouldn't be a problem to widen the stereoimage. I'll try this.
Melodyne and Autotune isn't my business... In Logic I've got only very rude posibilities to manage tuning issues. I'll probably rerecord this one once with the Peluso.

So Thanks guys. Any other opinions out there?
Middletom
Old 30th August 2009
Lives for gear

Good effort!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search