The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pop/Rock Ballad
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Nut

Pop/Rock Ballad

Hi guys, I posted a song I've been working on, it's a poppy rock ballad from a local band, tell me what you think, it's called "Perfecto".

SoundClick artist: Cosme Liccardo's Recordings - page with MP3 music downloads
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Nut

anyone?
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

i love love love the vocals and that pad is ace.

i cant understand the lyrics but the vocalist is fantastic, everything on this is awesome. great job!
Old 3rd July 2009
Gear Nut

Thanks a lot dude!, the lyrics are actually pretty cool (in spanish), the band´s drummer composed it and I was hooked from the beggining, they´re really sincere. The pad is from FM8, great poly synth BTW I totally recommend it.
Old 4th July 2009
Gear Nut

Vocals sound nice, maybe a TAD, just a tad too bottomy. Acoustic sounds nice! Love the guitar that comes in at 1:17 to build to the drums. BGVs sound nice. LOVE the full guitars at 2:25, they sound REAL nice!

My biggest complaint is the guitar solo is a little too Bryan Adams for my taste, but that's not really a mixing complaint.

This is a nice tune!
Old 5th July 2009
Gear Nut

Thanks man, I was really going for that cheesy 80's sound in the solo! I just love it
Thanks for the replies guys...I'll post some more stuff soon.
Old 7th July 2009
Gear Nut

Thanks for your comments, CosmeLiccardo.

as for "Perfecto": You take your own advice! The build-up is excellent! I guess I'm torn, is this a rock song, pop, what? The vocal out front is a little soft and poppy for me (as you know, I like a little 1176/LA-2A edge + tape distortion on my vox). If rock, I'd let that gtr in the intro come up a little, maybe put a little edge on the acoustic that comes in next.

Love the lo-fi beat. When the drums come in it really works. Again vox a little high for me. Stop time part is my favorite. B Vox parts rock.

The mix sounds very much professional, but my personal preference would be to tighten/glue everything together more, lose a little ambiance, let some mids cut through more.

Very nice!

-Rob

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search