The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
"I'm not Atlas, I'm not Elvis, I'm not the king of rock'n'roll"
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Nut

"I'm not Atlas, I'm not Elvis, I'm not the king of rock'n'roll"

But that's not to say the song isn't worth listening to. Feedback appreciated. Especially how it is sounding on other systems.

-Rob

PS: Just heard the 128K MP3 file for the first time (had to compress the crap out of it to get it under the upload limit). A fair bit of mooshiness.... Please turn it up louder to compensate
Attached Files

NTO062809_r8bp.mp3 (5.07 MB, 107 views)

Old 30th June 2009
Gear Nut

bump
Old 1st July 2009
Gear Nut

Helllooooo out there?...... Rock'n'Roll anyone?
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Nut

Hi! I heard it on my computer earbuds and it sounds pretty cool!, the guitars have very nice definition. Although the drums sound great, I think it would be cool to give the song more dynamics. For example, you could take the drum tracks in the first verse and filter them or overcompress them into a dry little loop (I recommend the Smack! compressor for this task it's AWSOME), then bring in the real drumkit in the chorus and explode the song, opening the drums a bit more with reverb or maybe even just a chamber, just a production opinion. The electric guitars sound great! The reverse solo is cool too, and the vocals sound great! In general I think it's a great mix, I just think the song could use more dynamics. Good job!

Hear mine out, I just posted it a few minutes ago...

Pop Rock Ballad
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Maniac

Rockin Track

I'm diggin the solo/bridge part. Usually I'm not a huge fan of reverse guitar sounds but that was a really sweet solo. I agree that the song could maybe use some more dynamics but as for the mix it's very nice, everything sits well, and it sounds full. That's something I need to work on, the fullness of my mixes. Nice job.

Lank
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

I think this sounds great, the only thing that I'd mention from my gut feeling is that the guitars during the vocal parts almost cut through too much and distract from the voice. You might want to back off on the EQ that is making them poke through so they blend in a tad more with the foundation? Just a thought. =)
Old 7th July 2009
Gear Nut

thanks & thanks

...for the comments. All the ideas are good. If anyone's still watching this, does anyone think the whole arrangement is too long? 5:30 is quite an epic length these days.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search