The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
My Girlfriend moved out... (the song)
Old 28th June 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

My Girlfriend moved out... (the song)

Never got around to posting the song I made about this ordeal.

For some background
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-...w-what-do.html

Here's a 160 mp3.

I decided to REmix it using LCR. This was my first attempt at LCR and I kinda like. All feedback welcome!

P.S. there is a 30 second theatrical skit about 2:45 into the song that I recorded with my iphone with no eq or compression. sounds ok.
Attached Files

Rainy Days .mp3 (5.87 MB, 168 views)

Old 29th June 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

wow no feedback on the L-C-R mix? Somebody, how does it sound!
Old 29th June 2009
  #3
Gear Nut
 
IsleBeatUDown's Avatar
Can I say "Phat"? It has that edge like a good vinyl record. I'm listening on headphones right now, so I can't hear the lo lo's and hi hi's, but everything I do hear is crisp and round at the same time. I like the Eventide-sounding thing on the lead vox. Hope the venting made you feel better...

-Rob
Old 3rd July 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 
MikeTSH's Avatar
Incredible lyrics man, very clever, I like the pen and paper bit very early on. I don't normally listen to rap/rnb, if ever, but this is fantastic - I would honestly listen to this, the lyrics are intelligent and the mix is great
Old 3rd July 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTSH View Post
Incredible lyrics man, very clever, I like the pen and paper bit very early on. I don't normally listen to rap/rnb, if ever, but this is fantastic - I would honestly listen to this, the lyrics are intelligent and the mix is great
Thanks man. Appreciate it. I was thinking of releasing an EP. I haven't rhymed in years but i might get it done before summer is out.
Old 5th July 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 
bcgood's Avatar
 

I just got through listening to it. I liked it! It seems that the bad stuff in life kind of makes you put the cards out on the table and not hold back. I remember reading your posts so the story was familiar. I wish the best for you man. Again gr8 track, held my attention and I liked pretty much everything- the sound the lyrics it was real.
Old 6th July 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Sounds really good man! Typically I'm pretty much on the rock side of things but this is really good. It reminds me of the old school stuff that was really good. I don't know how my comments just came across but basically I'm saying that was a breath of fresh air in this genre for sure. I dig it man!
Old 6th July 2009
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er View Post
Sounds really good man! Typically I'm pretty much on the rock side of things but this is really good. It reminds me of the old school stuff that was really good. I don't know how my comments just came across but basically I'm saying that was a breath of fresh air in this genre for sure. I dig it man!
Thanks and thanks for listening.
Old 6th July 2009
  #9
Gear Addict
 
PeeWeeGee's Avatar
 

Great track/song, dude! That's the first time I've heard EMOTION in a joint since............. still thinking.........

Nice use of instrumentation changes throughout.

Old 8th July 2009
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeGee View Post
Great track/song, dude! That's the first time I've heard EMOTION in a joint since............. still thinking.........

Nice use of instrumentation changes throughout.

Thanks dude!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump