The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
cheesy country project
Old 14th August 2005
Here for the gear

cheesy country project

Hi there

Just started this new project two weeks ago with the first song almost done. It will be an album of cheesy country, folk, grand 60's pop with understated vocals. And all the songs have to be about being in a relationship. Please bare in mind the keywords here are cheesy and cliché heh.

Please let me know what you think of the first mix. Any comments or ideas that could improve the sound quality will be highly appreciated.

Here it is: http://www.windermere.dk/11_43.mp3
Old 16th August 2005
TYY
Gear Addict

Love the arrangment, very cool 60s vibe. The mix is good EXCEPT the vocals which are totally in the wrong place for me. I would make them less full and less up front sounding. Think Sonny and Cher vocals; more distant, thinner, lots of mono chamber or plate reverb.
Old 16th August 2005
Here for the gear

Thanks for the suggestion. You're right, I've been working on making it sound right without making it too retro. Trying to make it sound different from stuff that has been done so many times before.. It's a fine line!
Old 18th August 2005
Gear Addict

is she hot?
Old 18th August 2005
Here for the gear

She's Swedish. Need I say more..
Old 21st August 2005
Gear Head

Cool Cool Tune

Awesome song man. At first I was taken aback by the vocals. But as I listened to it I began to think differently. I really like it. I think the soft low tone is very hard for you to hit tho'. Might want to turn up those headphones just a tad more on your vox so you can hear it a little better. But with that I'm just fishing for straws. Great piece of work. Who's the female singer? Pretty voice.

The mike has a very warm sound. What are you using?
Old 21st August 2005
Here for the gear

Thanks for the nice comments. Yeah, I can only reach those low notes early in the morning but i can't put singing before coffee..

As for the singer... I've just co-produced and recorded an album of her songs with her here in my home studio. Her album is nothing like this - much heavier - so we decided to do something fun. I've written the music, she's written the lyrics.

The mic is an older u87 we bought some months ago.. Love it!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search