The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Heavy Rock Mix.. your thoughts?..
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

Heavy Rock Mix.. your thoughts?..

Hey everyone, I'm just about to finish up a project and could use some perspective. I'm wanting to make this the best I can.
Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,

ERic
Attached Files

Artist - Track 04.mp3 (4.14 MB, 1187 views)

Old 5th August 2005
Gear Nut

Hey man I'm only listening on a laptop but I like a lot. Good singer. Was the clean stuff DI'd?? What you did you use on the Vox ie mics chain. Any more of their stuff???

Cheers David
Old 5th August 2005
k2m
Gear Head

the drums seem pretty buried in the mix, BD and SD that is. the non-distorted guitar would go better on the left imho with a nice stereo-fx.

greetz

edit:
i forgot to mention one thing: it sounds great, good work man
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

The gits and vox are cool, alittle much on the verb, IMHO, on the gits and the snare...and the BD and bass are a little buried...

rock

sdf
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the comments so far..

Warrior: If I remember right the clean gtr went through a line 6 delay modeler to the DI and then compressed with an la2a plug. Vox on that song was probably a Sennheiser 441 >api312>api550>EL8 but I'de have to check the track sheets (we used a couple of different setups for different songs.

K2M: I always seem to go back and forth on the BD and SD level. Not sure what will happen there. I felt that the clean gtr fit better up the middle, with the kinda ebow ish thing in the verses panned to the right with an effect on it in the left (kinda quietly). Thanks agian

ERic
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

djui5 : I'm with you on the guitars. I'm getting into that "grey" area where they want the guitars a bit louder than I'de like em. I think I'll bring the kick/snare up a bit. Now that I've given it a day or so and with everyone else's input I think I'll be able to give it that extra push.

Keep 'em coming.
Thanks
ERic

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search