The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Rough Drum Tracks
Old 15th July 2005
Rough Drum Tracks

hey guys,

well last night I had a session with a screamo band. 3 tracks all drums. I thought i would post one up just for you all to hear.

Basically I did a little bit of mixing... just enough for a good listen and some editing on toms but other than that they are pretty much raw.

http://www.csbwebservices.com/studio...rums_rough.mp3

enjoy...
if anyones interested ill post up the gear specs
Old 17th July 2005
Lives for gear

hi rudalicious, shame about the drummer but pretty typical for these kind of bands.

for me the toms are the bigest problem, a bit y and possibly a bit cliped in places.

and cymbals seem a bit far away.

love how the rim sound changes, classic!

Apart from that, seems ok.
Old 17th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Don't people realize that when you move the damn stick, the pitch changes on the rimclicks?!?!?! Pisses me off! When i play, I make sure my hand is CEMENTED in place so the pitch stays even.
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

There's more issues than just the rim sound changing. This drummer is playing beyond his means and sounds like he's chasing the click. But I know how it can be working with ****ty drummers. Sometimes you just have to settle unless you've got a week a song. The sounds aren't too bad though.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Head

the overheads soudn a little muddy to me, id opt for some more hi's

i'm not IN LOVE with the tom sounds, but otherwise, very good...

except he's terrible with the rim hahahah. as it's been noted. his fault though.

kick actually has a good sound, snare not bad either
Old 18th July 2005
ya... i was gonna start EQing, but decided to wait until mixdown for that. thanks for all the comments guys
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

i wonder what the drummer said when he heard this back. even if you layer all the other instruments on the track, it wont be good, because of his lack of time keeping. tell him to practice with a met.

for this project, i would use sampled drums programmed into a drum machine rather than this guy.

i like the kick sound tho, congrats to you on that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search