The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
808 bass sample Help!......
Old 14th July 2005
808 bass sample Help!......

Does anyone have an 808 bass sample they can post? I have tried to produce my own 808 sine bass sample. But i can never get it right. When i do they usually sound good on my montors but never on regular speakers. Another thing is that they never come though on regular speakers. I guessing that the freq. is to low for regular speakers to handle? Can anyone explain to me how to make an 808 sample the right way? The ones you hear in hip hop music or rock music to accent a big hit.
Old 14th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I do mine with my Electribe Emx1. It has a nice sine wave, and when you drop down a few octaves, you get that low rumble hip hop bass noise. They also have an 808 bass patch on there, but I prefer the regular sine wave more. Most speakers don't have the ability to produce the low bass rumble since more of it is felt than heard, and alot of what you are hearing is more of the room making noise as it rumbles, and less the actual bass noise. Small speakers would need a sub to produce this.
Old 15th July 2005
Lives for gear

PM me and I will be happy to send you some 808 subs
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry for the delay.. hope these are helpful!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search