The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Leela James Mix (Warner Brothers Artist. Soul Music)
Old 1st July 2005
Gear Nut

Leela James Mix (Warner Brothers Artist. Soul Music)

I produced this song "Mistreating Me" for Warner Brothers artist Leela James. Check the mix out.

"Mistreating Me"
http://myspace.com/crazy74
Old 1st July 2005
Gear Maniac

What was the vocal chain on the dead prez song? I like that sound. It's a bit dirty, but has clarity to it at the same time. You definitely have skill bro. Do you do drum programming/playing on your tracks too?

I have a large number of instrumentals, that no-one around here will touch, since hard beats seem to be the only thing that passes as good. I enjoy a more soulful sound, but nobody in my area is into that. Can you help me get these beats out there? I also have a large collection of commercial sounding, harder stuff, if you care.

Peace

by the way, "mistreating me" is a real nice song. I really enjoyed it.
Old 2nd July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74thstreet
I produced this song "Mistreating Me" for Warner Brothers artist Leela James. Check the mix out.

"Mistreating Me"
http://myspace.com/crazy74
I dig the track but it's impossible to check the mix with the version you have listed... care to post a higher quality mp3 or wma?
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Thats really nice stuff Aaron, How much of the stuff on Easy did you play, guitar, bass, programming?
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear

nice prodution man. must be the "Harris" in you?
mix sounds cool............but ish you had posted a 192k mp3 file.
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear
I love the songs!
but whats that with the tempo in "easy" ? some glitches ?
the finale/outro reminds of macy..
the sound fits the internet playback situation, but can't be judged for clubs etc..
Old 5th July 2005
Gear Nut

Djavid, the Dead Prez song vocal is a u87, through a Avalon 737 into the computer. Hit me an email and we can discuss your instrumentals. Thanks for the feedback on the songs.

Hit me an email at [email protected]
Old 5th July 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David
I dig the track but it's impossible to check the mix with the version you have listed... care to post a higher quality mp3 or wma?
Ok, I will change the quality of the mp3. Thanks, for checking me out.
Old 14th July 2005
Lives for gear

All the tracks are blazing. I like the bluesy-R&B vibe of the Leela tracks. I don't know what you are doing, but from the sounds of these tracks, you got it right! Also, congratulations on getting these placed with some majors out this. That is truly and accomplishment.

Most of these tracks feature a lot of live instrumentation. Is all of that you?This is a refreshing change from all of the Tritons, Motifs, and heavy samples we traditionally hear in R&B/Hip Hop.

Also, you now have to share with us your list of equipment for these productions. Keys, guitars, DAW's, processors, room and such. Has this stuff been mastered?

Anyway, congrats on a job well done.

Holla
Old 14th July 2005
Gear Nut

Equipment:

Cubase
Mac G4
Grestch Guitar
Fender P. Bass
MPC
Wurlitzer Electronic Piano
Korg Triton
Mutron Pedal
Big Muff Pedal
digidesign guitar rig
Degan Vibra-Phone
Flutes
Akg 414 Microphone
Neve 1073 pre
Old 14th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74thstreet
Equipment:

Cubase
Mac G4
Grestch Guitar
Fender P. Bass
MPC
Wurlitzer Electronic Piano
Korg Triton
Mutron Pedal
Big Muff Pedal
digidesign guitar rig
Degan Vibra-Phone
Flutes
Akg 414 Microphone
Neve 1073 pre

For you to get that kind of sound with such a relatively minimalist setup is very impressive. Hey Son, you got skills.

Cubase, are you recording in Cubase or just using it for sequencing? If so, what are you using for converters? If not, what are you recording to?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search