The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
how do I make money from putting my mp3 online?
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Addict

how do I make money from putting my mp3 online?

Hi

Just wondering if there is any way of making money from putting your song online somewhere?

THANKS!

Shaun
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Head

hi

cdbaby.com

v
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Head

isound.com
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear
any gossips or experiences?
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Addict

What about making money from posting your mp3 online - is this possible? Or even recommended?

THANKS!
Old 30th June 2005
Do any of these on-line music portals tie you up contractually?

Jules
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Head

isound.com charges bout 20$ every 6 months for service. This is part of the contract.
a. LICENSOR grants iSOUND the following rights on a non-exclusive basis: (i) to Digitally Distribute the Digital Recordings (along with Promo Material) subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement; (ii) to Digitally Distribute clips of up to thirty (30) seconds, or entire tracks if LICENSOR approves, of the Digital Recordings (along with Promo Material) for purposes of promoting the sale of the corresponding Digital Recordings and to use associated metadata in furtherance of promotion and sale; (iii) to seek, take, fill, and provide for the delivery of customer orders of any Digital Recordings submitted to iSOUND, and to directly collect any payments therefor; and (iv) to appoint third parties to do any of the foregoing subject to the terms of this agreement.

b. In furtherance of the foregoing, iSOUND may design, configure, and present web pages in iSOUND’s sole creative and business judgment, and iSOUND has the sole right to determine which Digital Recordings (among themselves and/or with those of third parties) to promote and to what extent.

c. If, for any reason during the Term, LICENSOR loses the right to authorize the Digital Distribution of any Digital Recordings and/or Promo Material as provided for in this agreement, or if LICENSOR reasonably believes that it has lost the right to do so, or if LICENSOR reasonably believes that the continued Digital Distribution thereof will violate the terms of this agreement or any agreement or arrangement with any person or entity providing services thereon or in relation thereto (for example, an artist, songwriter, producer, or record company), then LICENSOR agrees to promptly notify iSOUND in writing (documented email sufficient). In such case, iSOUND has the right to withdraw any such Digital Recordings and/or Promo Material from Digital Distribution, and LICENSOR has the right to request the withdrawal thereof from Digital Distribution, in which case iSOUND will comply as soon as commercially feasible. iSOUND also has the right to withdraw the foregoing upon receipt of alleged violation from any third party or if iSOUND reasonably believes continued Digital Distribution will violate any rights or laws. In any case, LICENSOR shall use reasonable efforts to obtain the rights to any such withdrawn Digital Recordings and/or Promo Material and shall notify iSOUND in writing (documented email sufficient) if/when LICENSOR has obtained those rights; however, any subsequent Digital Distribution thereof is subject to paragraph 6 below.

d. For sake of certainty, nothing in this agreement grants any ownership of the Digital Recordings or Promo Materials to iSOUND. As between LICENSOR and iSOUND, all right, title, and interest in and to the Digital Recordings and Promo Material (including, but not limited to, any sound recording and other copyrights) shall remain in LICENSOR.
Old 1st July 2005
Here for the gear

And how exactly do you gain money from putting up your MP3's then? i don't get it...
Old 1st July 2005
Gear Addict

I think the best way to make money is to create a website for yourself as a musician, and sell your downloadable CD online with a Pay + Download system.

From there, you just have to bring targetted traffic to you site and hope for the best.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search