The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
'Lingerie Face' - my first song!!! I need guidance and opinions!!!
Old 27th June 2005
Gear Addict

'Lingerie Face' - my first song!!! I need guidance and opinions!!!

Hi

Here's my first home produced song (everything except drums).

http://people.aapt.net.au/~celebrity...rie%20Face.wma (3meg file)

Be harsh or be kind, but be honest!!!

THANKS

Shaun
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Nut

I like it ... it has something but the levels are little hot and that's crushing things a bit.... What would I do different as far as production goes...

The vocals are good, but you need more from the singer, different levels, different tones. Try some parts as a whispers and some parts louder put more emotion into it (that doesn't mean get angry all the time) I head this song like a GooGoo Dolls track... think of dynamics like that....

And if you can do anything you wan't, how about fixing the way the water spins in a drain down there ... it very confusing to me ... clock wise counter clockwise ... the universe doesn't make sence any more

Old 28th June 2005
Gear Addict

Hi

Thanks for the first comments!!!

Yeah - I totally agree re: the vocals. The more I hear it, the more I should have performed it with more contrast in the emotions. It feels a little like I've sung it with the same intensity all the way through. Never mind, you live and learn - at least now I know to mix it up when i sing it live.

As far as our drain situation, man, it's so dry down here that there's no f#$%& water to spin down the drain!!!!
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Addict

How to make money from mp3s of your song?

Hi

Just wwondering if there is any way of making money from putting your song online somewhere?

THANKS!

Shaun
Old 30th June 2005
jordan19
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebritymusic
Hi

Just wwondering if there is any way of making money from putting your song online somewhere?

THANKS!

Shaun
Haha... that's funny man. I almost thought you were being cynical at first lol.

Well, there are a growing number of digital distributors these days. Most of them are just ****; they won't promote ya, and if you ever get downloaded, their percentage is so high that you'll end up with about $0.40 cents per song. Whether you ever see it or not is another issue lol.

But, it seems like it's getting better with time. Most large digital download stores like Rhapsody and iTunes are drowning in submissions and can't keep up. So it's a ripple effect and the artist is the last link in the chain, so we're gettin hit the hardest.

Forget CDBaby and all that crap. A decent (and brand new) distributor is Digital Music Networks and they have an option for unsigned artists: http://onramp.digitalmusicworks.com/ They only take 15% and unlike a lot of other companies, they ARE the distributor (like ioda,) not the middleman. So you'll see just under $0.75 cents per download...

I can't really vouch for how good a job they do... I use a different distributor--a far more expensive one who invests a ton of $$ artist promotion lol, for better or worse--but email Matt at DMI if you have any questions. They're very helpful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search