The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
THE STALKER
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

THE STALKER

Put this this together fast, and I recorded my vocal outside a vocal booth, so there's noise. And thre's a glitch in the beginning. I'll fix it later. And there's parts missing, maybe elec guitar? but I'm not sure what. Ideas?
Attached Files

TheStalkerMix#7.mp3 (4.29 MB, 781 views)

Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Ideas...yes, of course...

Hey Tetness, you have a damn good character-voice and your song is WONDREFUL! I love it!!! I can't understand why nobody discovered this thread... Would you like to share your vocalchain? Sorry sonically I can't comment anything... if only: it sounds damn good on a ****ty notebook some hours after midnight (I'm at home now)

Andreas
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks. I was starting to feel a little self-consious. My vocal chain: AMS1073 through a vintage 1176LN rev-f with Pultec EQP1-A with some additional 12k and some 100 attenuation. Then I used a little Space Designer for verb. I also throw UAD 1176 across my insert and used tweaked the EQ with with a low shelf and some Waves D-essing.

Yeah, I've had great reaction from this song from other sources. I think I even have it placed in a movie for Lions Gate.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

WOW, what a cool vocal chain, thanks for sharing......

ahhm .........

you've forgeotten the mic......

thanks
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Tetness,

Couldn't listen without commenting on this...

Real nice!...like the vocals.

Care to elaborate on the acoustic gtr., drum chain?

-Stixxs
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Dude, very nice production. I like just the way it is, but at 2:40 sec you hit a sour high note that I would correct. Besides that very small thing its great, and i am a harsh critic.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks again for your comments. I'll use a little Melodyne to fix that. Don't like to tune my vocals though.

As far as vocal microphone: Korby 251. I used to own a real Tele 251 USA, I like the Korby better. They rock.

Acoustic guitar chain: Korby U67 five inches in front of the guitar. AMS Neve 1073 with EQ in, Mercury M66 with lots of gain for some crunch. Pultec EQP1-A for some 12K and a good deal attenuation at 100. I recorded two mono tracks and panned hard.

Drums were BFD, with some Stylus loops and then a few other tricks.

Thanks for the comments. I'll fix the out-of-tune part.

Old 29th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Beautiful song! I love it! This is getting saved to my hard-drive. I love gearslutz even more when i stumble upon gems like this. Three cheers for Gearslutz! Beautiful vocal sound, beautiful everything!
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

heh
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Listening to it again I think you hit the note. I am not sure what I was hearing.

Great song.
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Yeah i listened to it a few times trying to find the miss, but i didn't catch it.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Wasn't sure what you heard either after I took a listen. I just figured you had a serious pair of ears. My singing is a little off here and there, but that's rock-n-roll. I hate auto-tune. Thanks for listening to it. Man, this is fun to get comments like this.
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Tetness, great front end description.... Can you take us thru the mixdown process. Pro tools or analog board, yada yad ayd...

Great Job bro
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

I recorded this and everything I do on LOGIC PRO. Lavry Blue converters.
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

I just went this one offf to Lucey for masteing. Can't wait to hear it.
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear

Tetness

What are you going to do with the master?

Planning to release?

Rene
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear

This one, I'm going to try to get in a movie. I've shown to a director's who's interested. Why?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search