The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Suffering For Your Love
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Head

Cool Suffering For Your Love

this is a song I just started producing for a talented girl in new york city. Shes a great writer, very poetic and intense. She wrote to the chord progression when i met up with her in miami. The vocals havent been tracked yet, but shes great and i cant wait to get this wrapped up.

remember this is a work in progress not a finished track lol

Peace

Lance
Attached Files

Suffering For Your Love Ste.mp3 (7.42 MB, 180 views)

Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Isn't that progression a sample from soundtrack??? If not, sorry. Just sounds a bit too familiar.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Triple Redundancy

This track sounds interesting because of the nice sounding almost jazz like piano. The drums come in and that sounds pretty interesting initially as well. The main problem is these sampled loops become very redundant as they play for so long. The first sound that hit my ears that I didn’t like was the stand up bass. It sounds rather generic and unprofessional. After awhile the whole mix just gets very tiresome. It will help to have vocals but that won’t solve all of the problems I’ve indicated. Also, at the end of the song the organ is outside, way outside and in a very unpleasant way. There are ways to create stress and tension without causing people to stop listening… Sorry, again initially I thought it had a lot of potential…

bcgood
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

That song title strikes a chilling resemblance to a Whitesnake song . ok, just kidding (that was my first impression)

I like the piano, I cannot stand that crackling stuff going on. the timpani are way cool tho. thumbsup
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Actually, now that i listen, alot of the samples are from soundtrack. The drums and timpani are questionable though. They may be seperate samples, maybe not.
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Head

the piano samples are two licks combined from soundtrack and the crackly drums, thats what the songwriter came in with. Everything else is programmed. I dont see what the big deal is about using a soundtrack piano loop. Portishead etc. sample directly from old isaac hayes songs etc. Anyhow, I agree about the organ, just needs to be placed back abit.

I think vocals will break things up a bit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search