The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LiL Old School Style (Hip Hop)
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

LiL Old School Style (Hip Hop)

This artist which is a good friend is putting together a underground cd for himself to sell. He calls it garbarge I disagree.

I can really relate to this cause it has a old school vibe but also because he is not rapping about (hoe's, cars, rims, smokin blunts and shooting). He tells the story of growing up with mom and how he saw her and the life around him. Very slick.

Btw, Im not as talented as an engineer as most of you are but learn from all of you in every genre. We are going to retrack this next week when I get time but for now here is the very rough mix.

Let me know what you think, couldnt get it to attach here so its in my briefcase for you to dl.
Peace
Eddie

World I Grew Up In
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

The mix sound pretty clear. Maybe try and pan some of the intruments to widen the mix a bit. may a bit low mid on the snare sound lick. Song sounds ok, Not the great production but, far from garage, nice concept. maybe make a radio version.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic
The mix sound pretty clear. Maybe try and pan some of the intruments to widen the mix a bit. may a bit low mid on the snare sound lick. Song sounds ok, Not the great production but, far from garage, nice concept. maybe make a radio version.
Thanks Nuke,

Thats why we plan on retracking, he brought me a 2 track music bed but is trying to get the original tracks so we can work with them. Thanks again for listening.

Peace
Eddie
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Ummmm

Man that sounds really bad, I couldn't listen to more than 10 seconds of hit. Weak ryhmes and cheesy keyboard sounds, all in all horrible.

bcgood
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgood
Man that sounds really bad, I couldn't listen to more than 10 seconds of hit. Weak ryhmes and cheesy keyboard sounds, all in all horrible.

bcgood
Sorry it wasnt up to your liking. I just tracked the vocals, the music was already a 2 track

thanks for tryin to listen. lol heh
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Gracefull

I'll give you this, your graceful under fire.

bcgood

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search