The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Djavid15 Tracks
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Djavid15 Tracks

I'll be posting a few of the group's tracks that i've been working with lately on here.

I'm not the commercial hip-hop type, but the people i've been working with lately are christian rappers, with a commercial feel. "Christ regime" is an english speaking group, and "Gp" is a reggaeton group, but they carry the same message, as the both groups are affiliated with each other. I'm also working with one other group, and two solo artists, but two of those aren't really worthy of being heard. If we all want a good laugh though, i'll put some up. I may post some of the one solo artist, Joe blasi, but maybe not......Who knows??

Enjoy
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Christ Regime - Half Steppin'

This is the latest track i did with christ regime. There are still three more people that need to do their parts, so i'll have that up when it gets done. Enjoy!
Attached Files

Half Steppin' mp3mix.mp3 (6.78 MB, 101 views)

Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

By the way, sorry for the lower quality. I had to throw together an mp3 mix since the wav file wouldn't fit.
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

corny "the god that made me king......hes the king and satins not" LOL. Worst hook ever "you dont waannaa be part of that m e s s ". the beat could use a better kick, i like the snap/clap...double your sounds...it make it more powerful. personally i hate christian rap. im more a fan of rap from hell (necro, slum village, lootpack, prince paul, ect)
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

ya, they used the same god's the king, and satan's not thing on the track they did before this. I thought it was a bit corny too. I def don't like the kick either. I'm gonna fix that, or layer it. I'm not really into christian rap either, but i like what they do. Any comments on the mix? It's far from finished, so there's lots of room for improvement.
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

vocals sound good, what mic did you use? any parts stacked?
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

thank you, and i used an akg c2000. It was the only vocal mic i had at the time. I ran it direct into my m-audio ozone, then into my computer. All compression, eq, etc. is ITB. Actually, every song i do is stacked at least once, and then an accent track is added. I have them do the verse twice, and then they go over those verses and only say certain words in an effort to make those words stand out. All i do when recording vocals is take my matress and put it straight up against a wall, and place the mic in front of it, facing out into the room. That's the only treatment i've been using. You should try it out if you have the space.
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I don't know, for a $300 mic (retail) it sounds decent. I get fairly good results from it, nothin' amazing though.
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Can i have some input on this song from people??? Please?! Don't make me beg!!
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Addict

I would but certain files from this site won't download for me and this is one of them. If I try to download it I get disconnected from the internet.
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Ya isn't the internet a wonderful thing?? heh
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm going to be posting another song very soon, so look out! Please people, give me some input this time! I see a hundred or so views and only a few replies.
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

SlowKillazBeat

This is a real slow, and spooky instrumental. Kind of repetitive, but oh well. This was done a few years ago, but i still like it. Fire away!
Attached Files

SlowKillaz.mp3 (7.15 MB, 63 views)

Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

so, what do you guys think??? If anyone on here wants to buy this, and all copyrights, individual tracks, etc.--- just let me know. I need some cash for my studio, AND my girlfriend's birthday is coming up. Wait, switch that around. Girlfriend has to come first. So, i've been thinking of selling some of my beats. Are they worthy, based on that last example?
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Nut

Why do I need a title - but I hate empty boxes

(1) Levels - (but this is a rough cut so I guess it's cool)
(2) Cristian Rap - Jumbo Shrimp?
When 2Pac says "thank you Jesus" he means it as a person not as an agenda. Why have so many people forgoten what it means to be Christian (Religion is not a democracy it's theocracy and if the creator is perfect that you don't need to change the rules just adapt them; angry christian, breaks the paradigm of beaing Christian.)

It might sell, but I wouldn't buy it... the beats (sorry grasshopper nothing new)

don't take it personally, just work harder and listen more ... then take from everything you know and make somehting new (that's corny isn't it).

I miss Dr. Dre, I miss Ice Cube, I miss Short Dog, 50 Cent is starting to wear on me, I don't miss Waren G ..... there is a lot I miss and a lot I like ... oh well we are off the subject here.

Keep at it... You are ahead of the game, because you are already finishing things, which is the hardest part, everything else is chance.... but you still have to starve... and if you don't it's okay too you'll get a job, a wife, and some kids and be like everyone else, and there is nothing wrong that (after all it's all random - chance)

good luck
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Thank you very much for the words of insight. I'm going to be posting more beats that are a bit "different from the norm". I actually don't listen to much of the type of hip-hop that i make. I'm more into soulful stuff, but that side of me has to sit back for a while since the rappers in my area don't get into that. Peace, and thanks again. Anyone else???

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search