The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sound-clips of the Culture Vulture
Old 10th August 2004
Lives for gear

Sound-clips of the Culture Vulture

Here's 2 files....one processed and one not......just to give an idea of the warming/fattening possibilities of the Culture Vulture.

I'm well aware that the track is a bit distorted (hey, this is a distortion unit!).....i just didn't have any multitracks to mess with so i stuck it over a whole mix.

The unprocessed clip actually has louder peaks, so louder isn't better in this case.
Attached Files

cult vult.mp3 (3.16 MB, 4332 views)

Old 10th August 2004
Lives for gear

Here's the unprocessed file:
Attached Files

unprocessed.mp3 (3.16 MB, 3827 views)

Old 11th August 2004
Gear Guru

jazzius ... cool post. I've been getting that vibe by slightly overdriving mixes through 2 chandler emi channels with and without various eq settings
Old 11th August 2004
Gear Addict

Great post.Thanks.

How hard is it driven here? can it go to eleven

Jens
Old 11th August 2004
Lives for gear

On a scale of 1 to eleven, this is about 0.1!

If someone wants to send me a track (drums, vocals, guitars?) I'll pass it thru with a higher distortion setting (i'm a mastering dude so i'm more interested in the subtle warming possibilties of the unit).
Old 4th April 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzius II View Post
On a scale of 1 to eleven, this is about 0.1!

If someone wants to send me a track (drums, vocals, guitars?) I'll pass it thru with a higher distortion setting (i'm a mastering dude so i'm more interested in the subtle warming possibilties of the unit).
I know this was in 2004, but damn that clip was tasty. A little heavy handed but it did the job well. This may have just sold me the Culture Vulture.

It's either that or a FATSO
Old 4th April 2008
Lives for gear

Must be a joy to put on the drum bus(s) -

Thanks!
Old 21st October 2009
Gear Addict

old thread but DUDE, THANKS!!!! this was absolutly the last reason i needed to order the thing
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear
That is impressive. What exactly is the Culture Vulture doing to the sound to 'fatten it up'? I'm so impressed how the bass seems to go lower and more solid. It sort of reminds me of a Loudness button on a 'Hi-fi'.
Old 2nd November 2014
Lives for gear

MOOOOORE CLIPS PLEASEE !

Im really surprised there is almost nothing on the Tube either (apart a few really boring examples)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search