The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ITB Core/Metal Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

ITB Core/Metal

here's another ITB mix I'm working on atm:

Centurium - Exhale

opinions welcome
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Addict

I was able to hang for about 60 seconds. That may be a record. I do not like this kind of stuff at all. It always sounds to me like Satan just ate at Taco Bell. That being said I think it sounds great or I would not have listend 50 seconds longer than usual. I think the sounds are excellent. The guitars may be a bit too loud when the dev....I mean the vocals start. I like the tones. It sounds really clean (the recording, that is) to me. I am using Grado reference series headphones.
Old 10th September 2007

Sounds great. Congrats. I think that the guitars are just right for metal (I mean their volume). I was listening through crappy computer speakers and it still sounded great to me. What equipment did you use to record/mix? Mics, preamps, converters?
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz View Post
Sounds great. Congrats. I think that the guitars are just right for metal (I mean their volume). I was listening through crappy computer speakers and it still sounded great to me. What equipment did you use to record/mix? Mics, preamps, converters?
thanks.
the mics on the drums were Audix and a yamaha subkick.
Bass was Sansamp, guitars tracked with a single sm57 into API 3124+-->RME AD

some sample-augmenting on the drums.
MH channelstrip on almost everything (just love that pluggy)
Safe Sound Audio P1 compressor on vox
some Cubase4 EQ
mastered thru finalizer
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I think the recording quality is great. Really impressed, good work.

-ScottyD
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

metal band

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD-Studio View Post
here's another ITB mix I'm working on atm:

Centurium - Exhale

opinions welcome
Hi

I think you did a amazing job engineering this group. The tones are nice especially the guitar and snare. I always listen very closely to ITB mixes cause i own a SSL G and I am always am curious what people can get out of ITB mixes.. My biggest issue and most overlooked fact with most ITB mixes is the timing factors ( Like your drummer sounds like he is a bit out of sync with the guitars at some of the points in the song....+ there is a lack of emotional connection I am able to make with the essence of the performances at hand there...

This is where i beleive most ITB mixers do not understand...The way the music swings, the timing and pace of the rhythm....ITB to me still sounds stiff and from a purely timing standpoint.... stale and computerish.... if ya know what I mean......In my opinioun if you could adjust the timing issues between the drummer and guitars and add a touch more mojo to the bottom end... I think it would be alot better...

But except for the timing issues , I think you did a great job with the tools you are using!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search