The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Power Pop recorded w Samplitude...Feedback please!
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Power Pop recorded w Samplitude...Feedback please!

I would really appriciate any feedback or comment you have about the mixes on these songs. The songwriting is top notch but the production.....well you tell me!

These are the links

http://www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacemarc

http://www.myspace.com/bleep9

I really appriciate and value your input.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Addict

I'm not sure about the songwriting or the singing. It's ok. The thoughts seem to be complete ones anyway. That's a step in the right direction for sure. I think the mix is pretty good. I'm not good at descibing things in a technical manner anymore but they sound a little dark or they could use a little brightening. The 3rd song especially. I think the balance is ok. I wish i could be more descriptive, for better or worse.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Head

MySpace is probably the worst place to demo stuff. There's a major dip around 10.8 kHz (like a really bad crossover). I don't know it their conversion or if it's their mp3 player.

Not really my style of music though, granted I'll be on my second year as a masters of music student, I'm more "classicly" trained. This doesn't prevent me from making bad music though (damn, these smilies suck . . . )

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search