The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rough stuff Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Rough stuff

I moved a couple of weeks ago - to a new place - I can see tree's when I look out my window and my recording room is almost cubic - everything looks good from here - I also brought my portable HD - with songs I'm working on - I don't have the studio puter here so I can only open the session files but all plug-ins are not there - because this is my surf puter - anyways - this is a good song... what do you think? Still bad playing... etc.

thanks a lot - GS rules -
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Addict

Man, where are you from? This has a real west coast, late 60s vibe like your other one. Kind of reminds me of a band called Cowboy. I think the album I have is from '70. Loose, 60's tuning (you know, before everyone had a tuner) and a real open feel. Since we go way back I think we can be honest with each other. Playing is not great, not bad either but I do dig what you've got going. I think it's very very cool. I won't talk about the recording. I don't know if it's good or bad but it feels good. I think it fits just fine. Stretch out a bit and get something over 2 minutes, will ya?
Old 10th September 2007
BVB
Gear Maniac

Yeah,this is my boythumbsup

Paul
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Old C! Thanks a lot bro -

BVB,

Thanks man - glad you like it bro...
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Oh, I'm from Sweden - the mecca of badly played instruments and loose tuning - ha! Maybe I invite you to play when you have your little setup "ready to go" >>
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Guru

Like aways love your stuff. Maybe a little to much bass. just a little loud.

Glenn
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks Glenn my great friend!
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Guru

If I did not know who you are I would swear you are from the Midwest in the USA. It really has this Midwest with a bit of a North/South Carolina sound to it. Kind of hard to explain, but take it as a compliment.

Glenn
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks again - !
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Sweden! I see I was right. You are on a coast!
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

oh I wish - I live in the middle of sweden - one hour outside stockholm the capital of sweden.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

--- And it can sound like this -
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

well i admit my last post may have rained on your parade a little but i think you've done much better this time. i like it! i like the way you switch the time signature between verse and chorus. also i am into your guitar tone this time. the light tremelo you have on it is really nice. your voice sounds good without all the distortion or effects. i think you are off to a great start with this tune.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks man - it's nice to hear that you dig my voice. It's my girlfriend doing the backing on the first song. Thanks!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search