The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New BEATS UP I NEED FEEDBACK DAW Software
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

New BEATS UP I NEED FEEDBACK

I WOULDA POSTED THIS IN SHOWCASE BUT THEY ALL LIKE ROCK AND MOST DONT TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE HONEST FEED BACK

myspace.com/feedbackbeatsandfunnies
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I checked em out. They were cool, I like the mellow vibe.

Are you looking for constructive criticism?

If so I wasnt really a big fan of the drum sounds and the patterns were quantized too hard IMO a lil swing would make them feel less robotic. Other than that they are a good baseline to start from, you could really have some classics if you added to them. Add some new sounds, add a some change ups and fills here and there as they kinda sound like 8 bar loops that go on and on for 4 minutes.

Tight though, I dig what your doing!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyntime View Post
I checked em out. They were cool, I like the mellow vibe.

Are you looking for constructive criticism?

If so I wasnt really a big fan of the drum sounds and the patterns were quantized too hard IMO a lil swing would make them feel less robotic. Other than that they are a good baseline to start from, you could really have some classics if you added to them. Add some new sounds, add a some change ups and fills here and there as they kinda sound like 8 bar loops that go on and on for 4 minutes.

Tight though, I dig what your doing!
THANK YOU.
YEAH I DO QUANTIZE TO A STRICT GRAPH. OFTEN TIME WHEN I AM CUTTING UP SAMPLES I HAVE A HARD TIME ADDING SWING TO THE DRUMS CAUSE IT MAKES THE SAMPLES HIT DIFFERENT THAN THE DRUMS BUT I JUST NEED TO STOP BEING LAZY AND TAKE THE TIME TO GO INTO FURTHER DEATIL. I JUST STARTED MAKING BEATS LIKE A MONTH AGO THOUGH WELL. ACTUALLY TRYING TO MAKE DOPE BEATS AND CLAIM I MAKE BEATS. I USUALLY JUST RAP
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/FEEDBACKPRODUCTIONS
AWSOME FEEDBACK THOUGH , IM ON IT
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

ANYONE???

LOL
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

"Beat 3" is a gem!
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

yo

if yall like beat three i should post my good beats cause the beats i have posted are the iffy beats i cant decide on so i figured people would help me figure what i needed to do to get em sold. you should hear the beats i have sold. but for meit is not all about the money . Ilove to colab with cats and every since i started doing small production work for rawkus **** has takin off. thank you though. much love
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

sounds good, keep at it
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

If you have only been making beats for a month than don't stop! I like those vibey beats.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

what do i need to do better

Dont get me wrong fellas i love the positive feedback but i crave to hear what i am doing wrong or what would sound better or"why did you do that its bad" anything because i need to grow. look at me gettin all deep on you cats. its love though yall are great

MySpace.com - Feedback productions - Kansas City, US - Hip Hop / Indie / Rap - www.myspace.com/feedbackproductions
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

to add to what I already said, the vibe you got going screams heavy swing to me. Like a Dilla joint. I understand the samples your using have drums in them that you are trying not to compete with. Perhaps you could filter out the low a lil on the samples and the kick could start to sound more like added percussion.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedback711 View Post
THANK YOU.
YEAH I DO QUANTIZE TO A STRICT GRAPH. OFTEN TIME WHEN I AM CUTTING UP SAMPLES I HAVE A HARD TIME ADDING SWING TO THE DRUMS CAUSE IT MAKES THE SAMPLES HIT DIFFERENT THAN THE DRUMS BUT I JUST NEED TO STOP BEING LAZY AND TAKE THE TIME TO GO INTO FURTHER DEATIL. I JUST STARTED MAKING BEATS LIKE A MONTH AGO THOUGH WELL. ACTUALLY TRYING TO MAKE DOPE BEATS AND CLAIM I MAKE BEATS. I USUALLY JUST RAP
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/FEEDBACKPRODUCTIONS
AWSOME FEEDBACK THOUGH , IM ON IT
Try some groove quantizing.

Or try to avoid quantizing to %100. Any strict quantizing is gonna lack "bounce" as I usually like to call it.

My new production assistant had the same problem when it came to quantizing drum patterns, he was always making things sound too stiff.
And you are right about the stop being lazy thing
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

ok , i see

maybe i can use something like audio snap to mark the transiets then i can go a groove quantize to the transiets insted of cutting a sample that has some percussion and laying a new snare and kick down on top of it. like for beat three what i did was take this quitar riff i had from a oldies song i like i chopped up a couple good strums and what not then completely rearranged them , even pitch shifting and layering. once i get the samples cut i load them into session drummer in sonar 6 and bang out the samples in the new order that i choose. once i do that i put a exciter on a aux send and maybe automate some multi taps for hits. then i loop it and create a drum track. i have tons of drum sounds. gigs from collecting. every once in a while imigh cut some percussion outa another track i like with some shakers or bells and i will put those in session drummer as well. every once in a while if i am in a hurry or making a beat to practice i might use a pre made drum loop but it will eventually get replace once the feel of the song is established.
ok so the plan is to use more swing. dont quantize at 100% and make them less robotic. thank you all so much. it is little things like this that i become deff to so i really appreciate this fellas
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I WOULDA POSTED THIS IN SHOWCASE BUT THEY ALL LIKE ROCK AND MOST DONT TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE HONEST FEED BACK

myspace.com/feedbackbeatsandfunnies
all son....check this link out. heh heh

about your hot tracks

Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

i agree that beat 3 is a serious gem. add a rich bassline, and it'll be one of my favorite beats, ha. thumbsup
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I really like the melancholy, atmospheric vibe of "beat 1 son". Brings to mind Group Home's "Suspended In Time" for me, which is one of my all time favorite tracks.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

my honest opinion is nothin is knockin my socks off, its not bad, just seems like something pulled from the rawkus label back in 98...but its cool...keep at it..
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

i like it.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

The first two are my favorite... Some say they sound like late 90's beats... but personally that's the sound I love. (I think the second one that sample has been used a few times... but I still think its hot)

I actually liked the third one the least out of them all....

I didn't like the drums on the fourth one... That sample needs something more crisp and snappy... (IMO)

If you only been doin this for a month... keep it up! You got talent.

thumbsup
Old 6th September 2007
AON
Gear Addict

Quote:
I JUST STARTED MAKING BEATS LIKE A MONTH AGO THOUGH WELL.
On your myspace it says: Over the years i have studied production and I enjoy it so i started to make beats cause it was fun. I became alright at it over the years

Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

I was expecting garbage, but I am surprised!

I like the chilled out feel of them.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AON View Post
On your myspace it says: Over the years i have studied production and I enjoy it so i started to make beats cause it was fun. I became alright at it over the years

yeah i have been rappen and producing for years. most of the time i was not the one making the beat but mixing it. after i became not sucky at mixing beats i decided to try my own. i suck at playing keys so i chop samples. I do appreciate everyones opinion and not one ounce is overlooked. we should probably close this thread before people get mad that i asked for advise in this forum. thanks for everything guys.
ohh if any one wants to colab or just make good music hit me up.
Information is free i share production secrets. ahhahahahahaha to all those who dont.
MySpace.com - Feedback productions - Kansas City, US - Hip Hop / Indie / Rap - www.myspace.com/feedbackproductions
this is my rap space any one who wants to colab hit me up. thanks again
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

ohh one more thing

i also love to trade beats so if any one wants to trade beats let me know. you can have all exclusive rights to the beat i trade you.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Beat 3 has a nice vibe...My honest advice would be...HONESTY...have you really only been doing this a month?
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

yeah

i mean, ive been producing for a while so i know some about production. plus i hate dropping names but if any of you all know who disco d is, i was chillen with him for he passed and ive been around acouple of other half way big cats. so i know what to do i just never sat down and chopped a sample my self or did things the way i wanted to do so yeah. i feel there is alot i have yet to learn but everything i have learned from IPR any one can find out by looking on the internet. the trick is to find what technique everyone is using at the time and learning the new trick as every one else does. but thank you son. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/FEEDBACKPRODUCTIONS
YOU CAN HEAR MY RAP PRODUCTION WORK HERE AND SEE PICS OF THE STUDIO
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
maybe i can use something like audio snap to mark the transiets then i can go a groove quantize to the transiets insted of cutting a sample that has some percussion and laying a new snare and kick down on top of it. like for beat three what i did was take this quitar riff i had from a oldies song i like i chopped up a couple good strums and what not then completely rearranged them , even pitch shifting and layering. once i get the samples cut i load them into session drummer in sonar 6 and bang out the samples in the new order that i choose. once i do that i put a exciter on a aux send and maybe automate some multi taps for hits. then i loop it and create a drum track. i have tons of drum sounds. gigs from collecting. every once in a while imigh cut some percussion outa another track i like with some shakers or bells and i will put those in session drummer as well. every once in a while if i am in a hurry or making a beat to practice i might use a pre made drum loop but it will eventually get replace once the feel of the song is established.
ok so the plan is to use more swing. dont quantize at 100% and make them less robotic. thank you all so much. it is little things like this that i become deff to so i really appreciate this fellas
Exactly... Recycle is a great program for this...

Check out my "Glory In The Game"... You'll notice the sample vs. my drums.. I need to get that mix right.. So that it's harder to tell..

I'd listen to your beats, but I'm not using a computer with sound at the moment..

Peace..
Old 2nd October 2007
Gear Addict

Wink

"Suffer With A Smile" I can barely notice it being a demo. It sounds like it's coming off of CD.
Nice mastering on whoever did it!

"Let Him Go" is cool but the chick's vocals on the hook sound too "airy" - it needs some analog warmth. I see that the bass is optimized to blow through the system so you are on your A-game with that aspect of this song.

That's all the joints I checked out.
Old 2nd October 2007
Lives for gear

thank you

yeah i do alot of pre mix. automation and i have a close friend that does really good with eq and compression. i try to learn as much as i can from him before he beomes to popular and becomes way to busy to chill at my house or let me come over. even though we are great friends you know success can take up some ones life so i owe thecrystal quality to him.. the bass was ment to come down but i decided to leave it after i lost the session files lol. not that i had a choice. but yeah that was actually music off the first demo i cut and shopped it . then went to jail for 2 years, right when every one wanted meetings and to see me. so i blew alot of chances that way so now i am working on hotter **** and i use that work for promo cause its frm like2004

tank youso much though
Old 3rd October 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
yeah i do alot of pre mix. automation and i have a close friend that does really good with eq and compression. i try to learn as much as i can from him before he beomes to popular and becomes way to busy to chill at my house or let me come over. even though we are great friends you know success can take up some ones life so i owe thecrystal quality to him.. the bass was ment to come down but i decided to leave it after i lost the session files lol. not that i had a choice. but yeah that was actually music off the first demo i cut and shopped it . then went to jail for 2 years, right when every one wanted meetings and to see me. so i blew alot of chances that way so now i am working on hotter **** and i use that work for promo cause its frm like2004

tank youso much though
No problem. Try to stay out of jail. I assume you are in the USA? That country's system is designed to kill Hip-Hop inside and out so you need to try that much harder to stay out of the devil's clutches.

I hope you go places in the industry, guy. One.

izzy =)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search